• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Strangest Film Ever

What's the Strangest Film You've Ever Seen?

• Freaks

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Glen or Glenda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naked Lunch

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Pink Flamingos

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The Baby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please describe)

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
bobbyburns said:
david lynch's eraserhead was the strangest film I ever saw, and I've watched some fucked up shit (pink flamingos, jungle holocaust, cannibal holocaust, videodrome, snuff). it looked like it was filmed on another planet that looked just like earth, if that makes sense.

Good call! Was foing to add that one myself.Without doubt the weirdest and most disturbing film EVER!

Being John Malkovich and Donnie Darko are the strangest movies I've seen. And I love them both.

henry: so I just, uh ... I just cut them up like regular chickens?

mr. x: sure, just cut them up like regular chickens.

I liked EraserHead. I watched it with this guy introducing it. When the film was finished the guy (I don't remember who it was) said "Either this film has some deep and hidden meanings or David Lynch has just made a fool out of many people". I thought it was so bizarre that it was entertaining.

Naked Lunch

I'm glad this film was in the poll, because I would definitely say it was the most bizarro movie I've ever seen. Trust me, Mulholland Drive makes perfect sense compared to this audio-visual hodgepodge.

Mulholland Drive was a bit strange. I kinda liked that as well.

Trainspotting was weird as was The Acid House. Englands drug scene, weird.

I have not seen any of them movies so I cannot say, however all the titles sound strange so if I could I would vote for all being strange :p

while reading the hitchhiker guide's thread, this movie came to mind
i dont remember a lot since i saw it years ago, but i think it was pretty weird (also quite funny).
how to get ahead in advertising
anyone remembers this one?

Doom Generation :eek:

Actually, it was probably the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.
Jordan White and Amy Blue, two troubled teens, pick up an adolescent drifter, Xavier Red. Together, the threesome embark on a sex and violence-filled journey through an America of psychos and quickiemarts.
(imdb.com)

Geenh: cool! "Three twisted tales from the seamy side of Scotland and the mind of Irvine Welsh". Same guy that did "Trainspotting"? I'll check it out sometime. Thanks! ;)

Sure no worries. Itw as disturbing... the content and the baby one was creepy! Let me know what you think.

gus van sants' elephant was really disturbing and strange. it's not a documentary, but a look at how columbine might have gone for the students that day. i

Geenh said:
Sure no worries. Itw as disturbing... the content and the baby one was creepy! Let me know what you think.

The baby scene in the book is far far worse, freaked me out....
And the toilet scene in the book actually made me feel physically sick, it's not often a book gets a physical reaction. The film is not nearly as brutal as the book....

I agree with you, bobbyburns. Eraserhead is the strangest film I've ever come across. 2001 A Space Odyssey comes a close second.

Back