• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Strangest Film Ever

What's the Strangest Film You've Ever Seen?

• Freaks

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Glen or Glenda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naked Lunch

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Pink Flamingos

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The Baby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please describe)

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

Irene Wilde

Since we have exhausted (for the time being) the subject of Billy Oblivion's wardrobe, here's something new to argue about.

What's the strangest film you've ever seen? If yours isn't one of the selections, please provide us with a title and description.

Irene Wilde

Either Last Year in Marienbad or The Long Night of the Glass Dolls for different reasons.

Freaks

I had read about this film in a book by Stephen King. Last year, at Halloween, they played the movie on TV. Although it was very strange, it did show what people with disabilities could do simple things like lighting a cigarette when you have no arms or legs.

david lynch's eraserhead was the strangest film I ever saw, and I've watched some fucked up shit (pink flamingos, jungle holocaust, cannibal holocaust, videodrome, snuff). it looked like it was filmed on another planet that looked just like earth, if that makes sense.

View attachment aimages_eu.amazon.com_images_P_B00004TLK1.03.MZZZZZZZ.gif

This one is a little mind twister with guns made of human bones and a kind of living play station (quite a weird creature). :D :D :D

Director David Cronenberg's eXistenZ is a stew of corporate espionage, virtual reality gaming, and thriller elements, marinated in Cronenberg's favorite Crock-Pot juices of technology, physiology, and sexual metaphor. Jennifer Jason Leigh is game designer Allegra Geller, responsible for the new state-of-the-art eXistenZ game system; along with PR newbie Ted Pikul (Jude Law), they take the beta version of the game for a test drive and are immersed in a dangerous alternate reality. The game isn't quite like PlayStation, though; it's a latexy pod made from the guts of mutant amphibians and plugs via an umbilical cord directly into the user's spinal column (through a BioPort). It powers up through the player's own nervous system and taps into the subconscious; with several players it networks their brains together. Geller and Pikul's adventures in the game reality uncover more espionage and an antigaming, proreality insurrection. The game world makes it increasingly difficult to discern between reality and the game, either through the game's perspective or the human's. More accessible than Crash, eXistenZ is a complicated sci-fi opus, often confusing, and with an ending that leaves itself wide open for a sequel. amazon.com

David Lynch's Mullholland Dr.

Completely inexplicable, but utterly enjoyable at the same time.

Cheers

yes muholland drive its strange

weirder film i ever see its FAUST: LOVE OF THE DAMNED
also its for sure the worst movie i have seen in my life
i think its based in a comic, its something like faust mixed with spawn

not that strange but since existenz has been mentioned, strange days its a pretty cool movie

Martin said:
David Lynch's Mullholland Dr.

That is such as wonderful film. I bought a box set last year of three Lynch films: Eraserhead, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive.

I think I'll need to watch Eraserhead again as it has been years since I watched it.

SillyWabbit said:
Lost Highway by Lynch! It makes no damn sense!
Think of the hut on the highway as his emotions - exploding at one point and then being buried deep the next.

bobbyburns said:
what did you think of blue velvet

I love Blue Velvet - it was extremely intense and dark while requiring less thought than a typical Lynch movie. It made the surreal nature of Lynch seem local; a doorstep away. The straight narrative played out (with trademark strange incidents and people) and it was a good, complete story. And any film that gets Dean Stockwell miming to the Big O's In Dreams is going to get a vote. :D

Prospero's Books.

Based on the Tempest, which is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays. But the movie made no sense, couldn't finish it.

Pasolini's Salo, while not strange, is a disturbing movie. It was banned (at least in the UK) for the last 25 years or so due to its depictions of rape, sodomy, transvesticism, coprophagia, sadism, masochism, homosexuality, urophilia, prostitution, paedophilia, and more.

No surprise though, that it is the Italian director's version of the Marquis de Sade's 120 Days of Sodom switched to four days of acts amongst the higher ranks of Mussolini's Italy and the lower class children.

'Altered States' like a mofo, yo! The movie is wacked-out in sooooooo many ways...It made me feel quite peculiar and I immediately decided I never want to watch it again...As for the ending...woah! What a disgusting mess!

Back