• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Village....There was a book that was similar to the story...

LostKid

There was a book written back in the 80's I think that was very similar to the modern movie The Village. What was it called? Who wrote it? I remember reading this book back in elementary school. Can anyone help me?

Don't know what it was called, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone was going to try and sue M. Night S......thingy because this someone claimed he'd nicked the story. or something.

Stewart said:
The Village - Wikipedia

I haven't seen it, but I just read the spoilers and now, thankfully, I don't have to see it. :)

The legal action is mentioned at the bottom of the page.

I feel sorry for that author having to associate herself with this film, it was a truly awful waste of time and money.

Apparently his next film is about a guy who finds a sea-nymph in his apartment's swimming pool. I can pretty much see the twist already.

Stewart said:
Apparently his next film is about a guy who finds a sea-nymph in his apartment's swimming pool. I can pretty much see the twist already.

That's twice you've cracked me up this morning Stewart.

The so-called twist in The Village was so obvious right from the start of the film, it should be ashamed to call itself a twist at all. I sat through the entire film waiting to be surprised by something, and all that surprised me was that it ever got made.

Totally agree with francesca what a waste of time and money it was bloody awful!

Back