• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Virgin Suicides

maey

Everytime I bring up The Virgin Suicides nobody knows what I'm talking about. It has a pretty dark and depressing tone to it but its such an awesome movie!
Has anybody else seen and enjoyed it?

Its a great movie and I don't really mind that its so depressing. I watched it right after I had watched Thirteen so I was sort of in that mood anyway :D ..

The only reason that I saw it was because Air did the soundtrack/score. I was a really big fan of them at the time, so I had to see the movie. The soundtrack was pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing.

yeah... the Playground Love song by Air was pretty awesome. I downloaded some more Air stuff and i like them b/c i guess i'm into the mellow kind of stuff

I'm sure the book is lovely, but yeah, you're right... i'm lazy and haven't made the effort to look for the book yet. But I promise I'll look for it this weekend when I visit my local B&N's ;)

I think I first saw the movie a few years back (think I was 12 or something) and I liked it. Haven't seen it in about a year so I can't remember much of it (I'm forgetful sometimes). Have make the effort to find the book...

I didn't even know there was a book.. Now I have to read that to, does it never end? :D

I thought that movie was funny . . .

It was dark, but not depressingly dark (for me), kinda reminded me more of a twilight dark, what with that Air soundtrack and all.

It had such a strange pace and tone. It was way too soft and subtle to really affect my emotions - Sofia Coppola's films seem to be like that.

Yet to read the book though, but I will.

Back