• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Warrior Princess

I absolutely loved Xena when I was younger. One of the few television shows I'd splurge on to get the season DVDs. I always loved Hudson Leick. Gorgeous!

Yeah... although, I'm more of a Xena person... Callisto was cool, but... she kinda went crazy.... Ares was also really cool. although in the first couple of seasons I called him muzzle-man 'cause of the way his beard/sideburns were cut.

Yes, I watched probably every episode. Time though has dimmed my memory somewhat of all the characters.

muggle said:
Yes, I watched probably every episode. Time though has dimmed my memory somewhat of all the characters.
Right on, that's the situation I'm in... It's been too long. :(

Ah... I only became a Xena fan a year or two ago... and just recently finished watching them all...

Which season did you like in particular? I really liked the third and sixth seasons, although I enjoyed all of them (even the controversial fifth season).

I definately like the third the best... and maybe the second... 'cause I really like Autolocus and Salmoneous...

Anamnesis said:
Which season did you like in particular? I really liked the third and sixth seasons, although I enjoyed all of them (even the controversial fifth season).
Why was the 5th 'controversial'?

I watched the series on occasion. I was always a huge Bruce Campbell fan, though, on the basis of his previous brilliant series, 'The Adventures of Brisco County Jr'. :D

Why was the 5th 'controversial'?

A lot of fans didn't like the introduction of Christianity into the series. They felt that the series should stick to ancient pagan myths. They also felt the relationship between Xena and Gabrielle was handled poorly. I loved it myself, though the comedic episodes were mediocre. That was fixed with the last season thankfully.

yeah... and I thought it was... interesting in the sixth season how many episodes set in our time there were...

sixth season how many episodes set in our time there were

That was weird, especially since it was the last season and all. I liked the idea of modern-day episodes but two of them in a single season was overkill.

I'm definitely a Xena fan. I have all six seasons. However, I felt they were best in dramatic episodes. Very few of the comedic episodes ever appealed to me. The only one I can think of that I enjoyed was in the last season when they tried to set mortal Ares up as a farmer.

oh, yeah, that's one of my favorites... but yes, they are better at dramatic, or action episodes...

Back