• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Wolf: How One German Raider Terrorized the Allies in the Most Epic Voyage of WWI

speedmaster

Hey, all. Been away for a while, but have read a few books I thought others might like, too. ;-)

Book Review: The Wolf: How One German Raider Terrorized the Allies in the Most Epic Voyage of WWI
"The Wolf: How One German Raider Terrorized the Allies in the Most Epic Voyage of WWI by Richard Guilliatt & Peter Hohnen. Books like this are the reason I rarely read any fiction. There are still far too many amazing true stories in history. In retrospect it was a strange time. Coal-fired steamships shared the seas with tall-masted sailing ships, in both commerce and battle. Scurvy and beriberi were both very real threats, and took their toll on some on this story."

I'll look out for this. The SMS Emden's voyage is pretty gripping, and I suspect this will prove even more so.

I will definitely have to put this one on my list. I'm also a huge fan of stories relating to the sinking of the Royal Oak by the U-47.

Hey, all. Been away for a while, but have read a few books I thought others might like, too. ;-)

Book Review: The Wolf: How One German Raider Terrorized the Allies in the Most Epic Voyage of WWI
"The Wolf: How One German Raider Terrorized the Allies in the Most Epic Voyage of WWI by Richard Guilliatt & Peter Hohnen. Books like this are the reason I rarely read any fiction. There are still far too many amazing true stories in history. In retrospect it was a strange time. Coal-fired steamships shared the seas with tall-masted sailing ships, in both commerce and battle. Scurvy and beriberi were both very real threats, and took their toll on some on this story."

It was a great story, for me though it bogged down with all the political to and fro going on behind the scenes. The stories aboard the ship and the manner in which they waylaid other ships was fascinating though.

I will definitely have to put this one on my list. I'm also a huge fan of stories relating to the sinking of the Royal Oak by the U-47.

There's a University of St. Andrews-backed group who have developed an underwater radar system that creates a 3-D image of shipwrecks. They did one of the Royal Oak. It was awesome.

I know, I know: this isn't a book and this is a book forum.:D

I know, I know: this isn't a book and this is a book forum.:D

After the flighty inconsequential crap that has been posted in the general forum area, I doubt anyone would have the nerve to call you on that, don't sweat it.

Here is another good link for perusal.

Back