• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The World According to Garp

lies

This movie (Glen Close and Robin Williams) was on TV a couple of days ago, and because they always program stuff like this way too late, I almost missed out on it. But I managed to stay up, and I'm glad I did. It's not the best movie ever, certainly not, but I didn't think it was a bad adaptation -- on the contrary, I thought it was quite good.

Anyway. Has anyone else seen it, or should I have made this a post in the "good adaptations thread" instead of a thread on its own?

i've seen it and thought it was good, but as usual, i thought the book was much more enjoyable. as far as irving adaptations go i'd rank this one above simon birch, but slightly below cidar house rules. (and actually i rank the books in the reverse order). haven't seen hotel new hampshire, though i loved the book.

i heard widow for a year was coming to big screen sometime soon. anyone have any details on that one?

I haven't seen this one in years but I remember enjoying it immensely. I love the book as well. I think this was the last film that George Roy Hill directed.

Back