• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Theory Of Hell

Owen

Ok this is my first time here writing so do criticise if it's no good.

It all started with a scream; it was awakening within me, the devil
stirred his syrup of lava as he taunted me with a taste of Hell. His
laughs and cries of jeers echoed all around my body, hate filled me
like a glass of wine being slowly poured into a cup that had no end.
I thrased about in the empty air breathing in the humid stench of
rotting meat with a solution of racid air. More then anything I wanted to die that very moment. Except there was a catch, I was already dead.

"Welcome to the Gates Of Hell!" screamed a voice that had no face. Pain was now surging through my body, my skin began peeling off and I could smell my own body being roasted alive along with the thousands of other people whos cries of pain could be heard all around but could not be seen. I was surrounded in pitch black, eternal darkness, I saw no fire but still I could feel the endless torturous heat burning to my very heart. I attempted to move but all I could do was thrash about in mid air, it was as if a invisible pole had inpaled my very soul and was to remain there forever. The last of my skinned had nearly burned away now, "Soon, very soon this suffering shall end! I will be burnt to ashes and then I may rest in peace." I thought to myself. And slowly did I burn crying in pain as I did so. As my bones were slowly devoured by the flames of Hell I could feel the pain slowly die away, all was well now I would soon be granted the rest I very much deserved. Emptyness filled whatever was left of me, there was no pain, there was no smell, there was no heat, there was Nothing.

There was Nothing and there still is Nothing. I see Nothing and feel Nothing. There is no noise nor silence, there is no light nor darkness, there is only Nothing. The last voice I heard was the laugh of the devil, how I long to hear the cries and jeers once more but there is Nothing here. How I wish that I could be burnt forever and ever, at least I could feel and smell but here there is Nothing. With my body devoured by the flames of Hell, all that is left of me is my consciousness. I remain in this Nothing forever and ever more. This mental torture gets worst every second, I am trapped within my consciossness and forever will be. How I long to be back in the Gates of Hell, but forever I shall remain trapped in Nothing. What could be worse then Hell? I tell you, Nothing can be.

Originally posted by Owen
What could be worse then Hell? I tell you, Nothing can be.

Should come apply for a job where I work and find out :D

Thanks for the short story :) Keep writing!

Best Regards
SillyWabbit

what could be worse than Hell????
ummmm......

if you are tied to a bed and your feet are being tickled with a feather
* shudders*
no man deserves that agony;)

What could be worse than hell?

being made to watch each and every scene liv tyler has in LOTR over and over and over and over and over and over

Back