• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Thich Nhat Hanh; Anger

SFG75

This book was a goodwill grab, so it was well worth the price and then some. Peace is Thich Nhat Hanh's speciality. As a Buddhist monk in Vietnam, he dealt with anger and some of the more base emotions that ravaged the country during it's war with France and the U.S. respectively. Hanh relates that when we bomb others, we are in essence, bombing ourselves. This and other simple platitudes are brought out through personal examples and stories of otherpeople he had known. I have found the book to be an interesting read, as well as a challenging one regarding considering one's opinions about things. Is it right to cut off family members? He would say "no" and that you should work things out. I'm not certain if I buy that, even if you express "love" and "honesty" with others, a toxic family member will only exploit you to the extent that you let them. This is more than abook about Buddhism, it's a great analysis of anger and what feeds it.

Back