• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Think Happy Thoughts

Indeed - the happiest happy thought of 'em all.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. All the best with your baby, Hollis!
Agreed! It'd be impossible to top that one! Best wishes for a sweet, happy and healthy baby, Hollis! :)

Porthos said:
I read a book by Dale Carnigie years ago & he had adapted a response sent from Macy's after a complaint about a store person was received during the Christmas season & it really stuck in my mind that everyone can make a difference in someone elses life.

THE VALUE OF A SMILE

that's sweet and yeah i heard that earlier... :)

Many things make me happy, but the easiest is when the sun is shining! when the sun shines everybody is in a better mood, less people cry and the sky is not as black as we sometimes think!

-I might get to see my best friend this weekend! Yay!
-The sun is (well, was) shining.
-My cat was being silly earlier.

Congrats, Hollis! Now THAT is something to be happy about.

You know, Water Faerie, my cat being silly is always cause for smiles. She's such a little weirdo! So I concur! ^_^

Hollis said:
Today I went to the doctor and...

...I saw my baby's heartbeat for the very first time!

oh hollis congrats. my heart skipped for you!!!! i remember that, and hearing it for the first time is wonderful too. it's the best sound.

oh happy thoughts to you.

I saw three turkeys with their tails up this morning, each surrounding by his harem. What a life. Spring is definitely here.

Also saw a pair of common flickers (they're not all that common actually), two wood ducks, and a pileated woodpecker.

I met a real 'birder' once, one of those guys who flies to the Faeroe Islands just to see a crested grebe. He took no joy from daily bird watching. For him it was like playing bingo. Once he marked a species off on his card, he didn't care if he never saw it again. Strange, that.

Hollis said:
You know, Water Faerie, my cat being silly is always cause for smiles. She's such a little weirdo! So I concur! ^_^

I concur too. Three cats here, so three times the silliness, three times the smiles.

One of my cats has started bringing me sticks. Go figure...

Congrats on the baby stuff :)

*desperately trying to think of something cool that's happened today, but failing*

well another happy thought. BBQ!!! we are having it for dinner tonight. i am putting everything on, the veggies the meat, i may even grill a bit of pound cake!!! yum!!!

Hollis said:
Today I went to the doctor and...

...I saw my baby's heartbeat for the very first time!

Congratulations Hollis. Hope everything goes o.k for you and the baby!
12.gif

starchild42 said:
I concur too. Three cats here, so three times the silliness, three times the smiles.

One of my cats has started bringing me sticks. Go figure...

Congrats on the baby stuff :)

*desperately trying to think of something cool that's happened today, but failing*
Hee! My kitty thinks he's a dog. He'll go in my room and get random junk from under my bed and carry it to the kitchen and then leave it there. It's so funny. He also does kitty gymnastics- jumping up and doing flips and stuff in the air. He's so cute!

Yesterday was the first day of 2005 where the temperature got above 70 degrees F. Windows open in the house. All of them. People started cutting grass. I love that smell. No wind chill on the motorcycle ride with no jacket. No jacket when walking the dog at night before going to bed. No jacket this morning to come to work. Spring is so wonderful. Soon we'll be able to hear the little tree frogs and marsh frogs at night that live in the woods behind my house. And the cricket noises at night. Lightening bugs.

Yeahhh...that's happy.

well originally i think it applies to the animal kingdom in a sexual sense, juices flowing, getting in the rut. but i tend to think of it as just shaking off the winter and doing something impulsive or frantically. myself i get all obsessed about my feet and start obsessively grooming them in preperation for sandals. and i also get the feeling to go get my groove on. typically i hate bars, all the smoke and general yuck, but in the spring when it warms up a bit i love to go dancing.
and i also clean like a freak.

Porthos said:
I read a book by Dale Carnigie years ago & he had adapted a response sent from Macy's after a complaint about a store person was received during the Christmas season
Was that "How to Win Friends and Influence People? Great book. I think everyone should read it.

Congratulations :D to Hollis on the baby. Thats a happy thought indeed! My youngest is 14 and I still remember hearing him in there for the first time. :D

What makes me happy is that winter is over! I can hang laundry outside again. Tulips are coming up in my front garden, and soon I can plant the vegetable garden. Cant wait to get out in the dirt!

Also my 5 cats, the 20lb. furball that wakes me up by purring in my face, Percy, our newest addition who likes to play 'fetch' with balls of paper every day, and Speedy who's 15-I'm happy for every day she's still with us.
The other 2 don't do much, but they're nice to have around. :)

when you are eating a bowl of cereal and the last bite comes out even. just enough cereal for just enough milk.

Thanks guys! Yeah, my little one is my first. I'm just shy of 3 months, so I'm TRYING to not let it occupy my every thought! It's hard though!

More happy thoughts...I had a slew of them this morning right before my day turned HORRENDOUS! Where'd they all go? lol

Ah yes...the one bright point in the day today (and wouldn't you know, it involved food?) - the strawberries & cream pancake meal at Cracker Barrell. Gave me a warm fuzzy today.

Back