• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Think Happy Thoughts

audreybee

:) :) :) :) :)

Name something -anything - that makes you happy.​

I'll begin:

The two nice guys at the coffee shop I visit each morning before work who always make me smile at some dumb joke they're telling.

My partner tonight is the one that doesn't sleep at work, which means I won't have to spend two hours reading in the kitchen to avoid the snoring!!! Seems little, but it SOO isn't. :D

Reading a good book.
Eating chocolate.
And reading a good book while eating chocolate! :)

During my morning commute, I pass a school crossing guard who grins & waves at everyone who drives by her corner.

Kona coffee is a good happy thought too.

I'm gonna be the oaf here, and ask what was so special about last saturday. I might be missing something blisteringly obvious here (not the Pope's death, right, even Stewart isn't that extreme), but I'll learn to live with it.

Things that make me happy:

- The good weather we've been having lately;
- The fact that I probably won't be forced to extend my collegeyears with a few months;
- My friends.
- My girlfriend.

Cheers

A 50% increment.

Oh wait, it was happy when I typed it, but now I'm bummed coz it isn't gonna happen.

ds

When my boyfriend does the washing up! It's very rare I tell you. And when I finish work for the day. That makes me very happy.
whtsmileys_dance_w.gif

audreybee said:
:) :) :) :) :)

Name something -anything - that makes you happy.​

I'll begin:

The two nice guys at the coffee shop I visit each morning before work who always make me smile at some dumb joke they're telling.

I read a book by Dale Carnigie years ago & he had adapted a response sent from Macy's after a complaint about a store person was received during the Christmas season & it really stuck in my mind that everyone can make a difference in someone elses life.

THE VALUE OF A SMILE

It costs nothing, but creates much.

It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give.

It ends in a flash but the memory sometimes lasts forever.

None are so rich that they can get along without it, and none so poor but are richer for it’s benefit.

It creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in business and is the countersign of friends.

It brings rest to the worried, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and is nature's best antidote for trouble.

Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen for it is something that is of no earthly good until it is given away.

So if we are too tired to give you a smile, may we ask you to give one of yours for no one needs a smile as much as those who have none left to give?

First real spring day here. Went for a walk down the road and saw a beaver building a lodge. He wasn't shy at all, just kept working only about 10 yards from us while the frogs chirped all around him. :)

Indeed - the happiest happy thought of 'em all.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. All the best with your baby, Hollis!

Cheers

Back