• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Think Happy Thoughts

Hollis said:
Thanks guys! Yeah, my little one is my first. I'm just shy of 3 months, so I'm TRYING to not let it occupy my every thought! It's hard though!

More happy thoughts...I had a slew of them this morning right before my day turned HORRENDOUS! Where'd they all go? lol

Ah yes...the one bright point in the day today (and wouldn't you know, it involved food?) - the strawberries & cream pancake meal at Cracker Barrell. Gave me a warm fuzzy today.

you mentioned that you had morning sickeness. i had it in the worst way, finally had to be medicated as i could keep nothing down and was losing weight. they just gave me a mild form of gravol called diclectin(sp?) but it went away by the 4th month and then i could eat like a horse. :)

Really? Wow! Mine seems to be subsiding for the most part, though I did have a bout of it this morning for a few minutes. No, I think what's going on most with me is I'm far more irritable than I normally am! And I hate being that way! Maybe I just need to curl up with a good book!

I bought a brand spanky new lawn mower today, and cut my grass with it.

Spring rocks....and I love the smell of the first cut of the year....

....then I went for a nice long, and sometimes quite fast motorcycle ride...life is great. :D :D

They finally turned my AC on this morning!!!! COOL AIR! No more hot nights trying to get to sleep.

Oh someone mentioned BBQ :D :D :D Oh huuurraa. I love it.

Congrats with the baby! And congrats with the new title of uncle.

Amen to the motorcycle rides (above)!!! Finally got new tires on my Duc, and new carbon fiber cans, so the neighbors know when I'm out 'n about! :cool:

lorrekarloff said:
Was that "How to Win Friends and Influence People? Great book. I think everyone should read it.

Yup, that's the one :)

jenngorham said:
when you are eating a bowl of cereal and the last bite comes out even. just enough cereal for just enough milk.

I like cereals best when there's some milk left after I've eaten them (ice cold only!) and then I drink the remaining milk straight out of the bowl!!! :eek: - Please note, I only do this when I'm at home, not when I'm out :D

froggerz40,

you got a Ducati? what model?

I just aquired a 2002 Yamaha R1. Can you say shit-eatin grin? I know you can....

I posted a picture of my new ride somewhere in the forum.
edit: post #8 of "Risky Business" thread for R1 picture...

Hey Moto! That's a lotta damn bike there! I sat on one in the showroom, and what impressed me was the COMPACTNESS of it, for a big bike. I've always equated good design in the chassis, with performance. I also like the idea of Yamaha's "feel good" fuel injection system. The Italians have to cut all corners to compete with the Japanese, as far as performance goes. What bikes did you grow up with? I started with the old Yamaha two strokes- RZ 350, RD's...various others, then got into my "British" stage- '73 Norton Commando, '72 Triumph Bonneville, then '92 Ducati 750 Supersport, and finally my '97 Ducati 748. Always liked the European iron! :) Unlike most "image conscious" Harley riders, I think that REAL motorcyclists appreciate the engineering of their machines and have tastes that accentuate their INDIVIDUALISM!
The thing I like best about my Duc, besides the sweet mellow honey-rich sound, is the sense of tradition in Italian motor racing, which is inherent in Fabio Taglioni's "desmodromic" valve design. It may not be as vital today as it once was, but DAMN, it looks and sounds cool! Vive Italia!
I guess you know of Yamaha's rich racing history, from the great two stroke engines ("King" Kenny Roberts), remember the TZ 750 flat tracker?! How 'bout the big singles?
Sorry about going off on a tangent, but I've been DRINKING, and these are MY happy thoughts. :) Always keep the rubber side down!

Today is a happy thought day!

1. It's my last day at my miserable job.
2. Tomorrow: Star Wars.
3. Tomorrow also: my brother graduates from college after well over 10 years of studying!
4. I have a four day weekend, start my new job Monday, and have a three day weekend the following week!!
5. Oh, and Friday I see Star Wars again!

Now, I just need to plod through work for the rest of the day....but otherwise - I am quite a happy camper.

Congratulations, Krys, on leaving your old job and getting a new one. Good luck for Monday! :)

Hugs and kisses from my kids this morning as they boarded the school bus.

Hollis, do you know what sound tops that first heartbeat? The first squall they let out when they are born. :D Just wait. Congrats.

I took my Chemistry final and my computer class final today. Only one final left and my junior year of high school is over. Yay!

Got a nice email from someone who's friendship status was unknown. Nice that they got back in touch, and I hope we keep in closer contact now!!

Back