• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

This is the title of a thread that links to somebody else's humor

Eva

This is the title of a typical incendiary blog post

Preview:

This sentence contains a provocative statement that attracts the readers’ attention, but really only has very little to do with the topic of the blog post. This sentence claims to follow logically from the first sentence, though the connection is actually rather tenuous. This sentence claims that very few people are willing to admit the obvious inference of the last two sentences, with an implication that the reader is not one of those very few people. This sentence expresses the unwillingness of the writer to be silenced despite going against the popular wisdom. This sentence is a sort of drum roll, preparing the reader for the shocking truth to be contained in the next sentence.

More at the link.

More at the link.

Not to disagree, necessarily, and certainly not to be incendiary, but I think that depends more on what the definition of "more" is. It seemed to me that there was more and more of increasingly less and less over there. :cool:

This sentence may strike some as slightly defensive, but manages to be good-natured at the same time.

I like it. We're up to our eyeballs in opinion, and I always enjoy this type of mockery.

This sentence refers to a different historic period, and implies that conditions relevant to the thesis of the blog post were either different or the same.

Reminds me of either Steven Wright sort of.

This sentence expresses complete disinterest in the post, conveniently neglecting to mention why its author bothered responding in the first place if they were so disinterested.

Back