• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Thought bubbles

Sitaram

kickbox
I think some attempt should be made to impliment in bbcode something of a cross between a spoiler and a quote, like a thought bubble, which would be like a theatrical "aside" to the audience, perhaps combined with a variety of icons to choose from.

no i understand what he means, sort of like when people put things in astericks or italics.

jenn hopes that was sitaram means

i am not going to spam up sitaram's thread, just know i had a really good comment about poking the cranky guy with a stick.

jenngorham said:
no i understand what he means, sort of like when people put things in astericks or italics.

jenn hopes that was sitaram means

Yes, thats exactly what I mean. It might be fun. I attemted to do it in a thread today, using the spoiler tag. Inside I wrote: thought bubbles.... I must find a way to communicate with these people. My next post shall broach the subject of flatulence.

So, people have to "scratch" the spoiler to see what my inner thought bubble is.

But, what I am suggesting is something which displays in the post as thought bubbles issuing from a choice of different smiley ikons, and the text is displayed in a little cartoon like balloon with a choice of foreground and background colors. If such a tag could be developed, it might catch on. And it would be a "first" for the forum which offers it.

Just a thought.

well i like it. i saw that today in your bw thread and i think it would be a good idea. people use the italics and such all the time, so why not a smilie?

Sitaram said:
I think some attempt should be made to impliment in bbcode something of a cross between a spoiler and a quote, like a thought bubble,

You need to understand the makeup of the vBulletin software and the PHP scripting language to even consider this. It's what, in forum terms, is considered a hack, and hacks cause problems with upgrading the software because they don't, typically, upgrade to the latest version of the software. vBulleting updates regularly.

Stewart said:
You need to understand the makeup of the vBulletin software and the PHP scripting language to even consider this. It's what, in forum terms, is considered a hack, and hacks cause problems with upgrading the software because they don't, typically, upgrade to the latest version of the software. vBulleting updates regularly.

so, no then?

Back