• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Thread Deletion - 03 JAN 2006 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motokid

A thread of mine was deleted without explanation. Regarding the article by Daphne Merkin, from the January 1st 2006 edition of the New York Times Magazine, I fully understand the sensitivity of the material. Was the thread deleted based on member response/protest, or is the subject material just too offensive for TBF?

Considering this article was not something I dug up from some bizarre website somewhere I’m a bit confused as to why it’s been deleted. The New York Times is one of the world’s largest news papers and information sources for millions of people. Rush Limbaugh even discussed this story on his nationally syndicated radio show.

I’m a bit perplexed as to why something that’s obviously “news worthy” and “acceptably printable” for the New York Times, is not acceptable for a web forum with a minimum age requirement like TBF?

If I read a rather famous book by Eve Ensler would I be allowed to discuss it here?

I am just seeking an explanation for the thread deletion.

Motokid said:
I am just seeking an explanation for the thread deletion.

I think this issue would be better served via PM. I will leave it to the mod who removed the thread to get back to you on it. However, in the future, inquiries like this really ought to be made via PM. Thanks! :)

Stewart: I have no blinking idea....and no idea why merkin is a funny name either....must be some inside joke over where you live.....

mehastings: since I did not receive a pm regarding the original deletion I had no clue who deleted the thread. In the past I always got an explanation ASAP about the reasons for action. This time I got nothing.

Again, it's just a question that I'm seeking an answer for. Others saw the thread, and now it's gone with no explanation.

See, something good always comes out of going public with questions....

Had I not posted this, Stewart might not have enlightened at least 3 people today....;)

Motokid said:
See, something good always comes out of going public with questions....
It depends on the question, however Mehastings is right - something of this nature would have been better as a PM. If you don't know who to send the PM to, then you can bulk PM all the Mods - this goes for any query :)

So now I know what a merkin is I'm off to check out the phone book. That's so funny.

Talk about live and learn! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back