• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Time to go.

:( I'll miss you Martin. I hope you take some time off but consider playing with us again sometime in the future.

Well, since a private appeal didn't work, I guess all that's left to do is echo what others hear have said and wish you the best going forward. Sometimes it is time to move on (I've done it myself), but we'll leave a candle in the window in case you reconsider.

Irene Wilde

Sounds like a bad case of forum malaise... I've seen it many a time. You don't know me Martin, I'm a newcomer here, but I feel I know you a little from your sense of humour and your many contributions on these forums. I will be sorry to see you go. Hope to see you back some day.

peace, buddi

There hasn't been a single person to show any sign of happiness at this announcement, so how will your going be, as you claim, gladly received to more than those who would regret a departure?

Hope you feel better soon and come back. Don't worth worry over small things. If I were you, I ignore it and get on as before. I know you try your best to be moderater. Anybody try this and done that. It is all about experience and we always make some misakes. Nobody perfect. I know it won't be same without you here. Hope you come back sooner. You take care.

Sheesh, you people make this hard on me. As I've said in a few PM's, I honestly did not think that this many people would ask me to stay.

Ok, so here's the deal. Because I was one of the regulars it was kinda akward to become a moderator. But, I was also honoured to become a bigger part of this place, so I didn't give it a second thought and I accepted. Ever since then I've noticed a certain tendency towards me - I couldn't do anything remotely related to moderating without some, somewhere, saying something about it. Darren has even received PM's of people claiming that I was abusing my moderative 'powers', which is just nonsense. I really didn't like this, and the last few days were the proverbial drop for me. As you can see, I'm no longer a moderator, I resigned two days ago, but I feel (felt) like .. well, like something had just gone wrong between me and everyone else.

I see now that I may have overreacted.

There are still a few people who I know I'll never be able to be friends with, but it seems to be far less people than I thought.

Would I look like a complete idiot if I said I want to give it a try, as a regular member?

Cheers

I so much hope this doesn't come accross as some kind of huge ego trip, because it honestly isn't.

Cheers

lies said:
Huh? What'd I do?! Didn't your mommy ever tell you not to pick on the fat kid?

No, she didn't come to think of it. That kind of thing was actively encouraged. Evil - runs in the family.

Back