• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

To be sure, to be sure....

Peronel

Hey all,

To celebrate the end of our undergraduate studies, a mate and I are planning a trip to Ireland next year. I was wondering if anyone knows of any books (fiction or non-fiction) to get us in the mood for the Emerald Isle. I'm thinking particularly of Bill Bryson type travel books (maybe without the cynicism :) ), but anything would be great!!!

Definately check out 'Round Ireland with a Fridge' by Tony Hawks, its a really funny enjoyable read :) Other than that, I think McCarthys Bar is a book in that same vein, although I havnt read it.

Phil :)

phil_t said:
Definately check out 'Round Ireland with a Fridge' by Tony Hawks, its a really funny enjoyable read :) Other than that, I think McCarthys Bar is a book in that same vein, although I havnt read it.

Phil :)

Agree with Phil_t

'Round Ireland with a Fridge' is a good read

cabrasopa :cool:

Bah, I was going to suggest that one too! It's really funny and gives an affectionate look at the Irish people and their character. :)

I might have to read the fridge book! I didn't know Tony Hawks had a book. I used to think he was pretty funny :)

He has three books and they are all really funny :)

Round Ireland With a Fridge
Playing the Moldovans at Tennis
One Hit Wonderland.

He is a great comic and that translates very well into his books, if you are a fan of his stand-up stuff then you will like these ramblings.

Phil

Back