• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

To-read lists

magemanda

Hi guys,

I'm unusual in my group of friends in that I am a big reader, and many of them tease me because of the amount of books I have brought but remain unread (over 200 at last count :eek: )

Does anyone else have an obscenely long 'to-read' list? Whatcha got on it? Is there anything you've brought and really really won't be reading?

magemanda

I worked at a bookstore for years. On top of the occasionally free books, there are those books that are $1 on the bargain table and if you don't buy them now you won't see them ever again . . .

So yes, I probably have twice that in books I haven't read. And that's after some very strict purging, 3 times. But hey, I have years left.

Years ago I had two bookshelves full of un-read books. But, I finally got through them all, and was very glad I did. Now, I don't purchase many books anymore (I have neither the room nor the funds to continue my addictive practices), so my To Be Read list is a list titles on paper, and no longer a stack of books on a shelf.

I don't have too many on my bookshelf that I have not read yet. I try and control myself ( difficult! :D ) I have about 15 - 20ish that I have not read yet :)

My to-read list as far as what I myself own is none too large, perhaps 10 books or so large, but my mum has been an avid reader for most of her life and so I have a great resource right there (just recently I found The Man who was Thursday and Machiavelli's Il Principe lurking on her bookshelf, the former I have now finished and the latter being the book I am currently reading.) However I also have a monstrous accumulation of titles that I wish to purchase, but of course that does rely somewhat on money.

I only tend to buy 2 or 3 books at a time, read those then buy more. It distresses me having un-read books lying around everywhere.

I'm very modest (read: broke) - I have only 10 or 15 unread books lying around, tops.

Cheers, Martin

I have about 15-20 unread on the shelves then about a page worth of titles on paper and about the same floating around in the void between my ears.

to read

I have a "To Read " list on my computer that is about 3 pages long, a combination fiction and non-fiction. I'm not sure how many books there really are on my "total to read" list, which includes "topic areas" I keep in my head. For example, we recently got a dog, so now I am looking for books on dog training and beagles. Also, on my written list, I sometimes just put an author's name when I intend to read everything I can find my him/her. I tend to get my books from the library, but I have a collection of books that I have picked up in various places that I intend to read but never wrote down. Sigh. So many books, so little time.

I have anywhere between 15-25, as my monetary funds aren't huge. If I had more $, you can bet the number would be higher. However, books that are on my list number above 100 (and those are the ones I can remember).

My to-read list seems endless sometimes. As soon as I finish one book, it seems as if fifity take its place. I discovered quite a few that I would like to read through the history of the CLSC.

Back