• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tom Perrotta

Miss Shelf

I've read Little Children, The Wishbones, and am currently reading Joe College, and will be reading Election as soon as I get my hands on it (I saw the movie a couple of years ago). I just can't get enough of his books. I can't put my finger on it, but I like his characters, and the situations they find themselves in are so real. Has anyone else read this author?

I read Election a few years ago... when I was still in high school. A very quick read, and pretty funny. I read another book of his, Bad Haircut, and wasn't as impressed. I should probably give him another try.

Anamnesis said:
I read Election a few years ago... when I was still in high school. A very quick read, and pretty funny. I read another book of his, Bad Haircut, and wasn't as impressed. I should probably give him another try.

I haven't read Bad Haircutyet, but either The Wishbones or Joe College is a must! I liked Little Children but couldn't relate as much to the characters.

I just ordered The Abstinence Teacher and have not read any of his other work.

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_thumb_2_2b_AbstinencePerrotta.jpg_200px_AbstinencePerrotta.jpg

"The Abstinence Teacher is a 2007 novel by American author Tom Perrotta. It tells the story of Ruth Ramsey, a divorced sexual education teacher who lives in suburban New Jersey and comes into conflict with the town's conservative population. According to Perrotta, it is "all about sex education and the culture wars."He was inspired to write the novel after reading of the influence of evangelical voters on the 2004 presidential election, stating, "I did feel somewhat inadequate as a novelist, just like I'd missed something huge happening in this country. I really did set out to kind of investigate that world." The novel also touches on other issues such as homophobia and sexism in the suburban setting. "

Has anyone else read his books?

Ooh I remember hearing about that book when it was first published. Sounded good (and still does, really ;)).

I allready ordered it, so no going back now.:) I will let you know how it is once I read it.

Back