• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Top 10 Non-human Discworld Characters

Will

Given we were chatting about the Discworld in a recent thread, I stumbled across this today and thought I'd share it.

My top three would probably be
3) The Luggage
4) The Librarian,
1) Death (obviously, as it's one of the main overriding story-arc characters) ;)

But where is the Great A'Tuin in that list? Arguably the 'biggest' non-human character in all of the books :D

And also no Hex – The University’s ‘living’ computer!

Yes, I'd have to concur with your top three and the A'Tuin comment too! He is too big to make the list maybe!

I'd add Greebo to the top ten list also, as technically he was a pure cat before the Witches Abroad human transformation incident, and even then just appears human from time to time, and isn't a real one.

The more I talk about Discworld the more awesome I realise it is. We are so lucky to have Terry Pratchett.

Death really is hard to top.

Pratchett has mentioned in interviews that he occasionally gets mail from readers who have found out that they're dying, or that someone they loved recently died, and want to tell him that they hope Death is like the one in his books.
Sir PTerry said:
They all tried to say, in some way, 'thank you', and until I got used to it, the arrival of one of these letters would move me sufficiently to give up writing for the day.

Back