• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

top five on your TBR list?

1. Breakfast on Pluto by Patrick McCabe
2. Eater of Souls by Lynda S. Robinson
3. Drinker of Blood by " " "
4. Slayer of Gods by " " "
5. A History of Pirates

1. The Novice - Trudi Canavan

2. The High Lord - ***

3. Thud! - Terry Pratchett

4. Hyperion - Dan Simmons

5. Grass For His Pillow - Lian Hearn

After I get through Pi I think I'm gonna end up with Dostoevsky's The Brother's Karamazov or maybe East of Eden. Or maybe Foucalt's Pendulum. Maybe Watership Down. I'd like to get a hold of the new printing of Tolstoy's The Death Of Ivan Ilych or maybe I'll finally start War and Peace. If I can find it cheaply I might read The Crimson Petal and the White by Faber. Same with Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. There are a couple shorter Dickens I'd like to get through too. Maybe I just don't know yet. :D

The Day of the Triffids - John Wyndham
(I noticed this was first on MonkeyCatcher's TBR list too - which is quite a concidence - don't know if she read it yet tho)

The Night of the Triffids - Simon Clark
(Doesn't night usually follow day?)

The Girl Next Door - Jack Ketchum

East of Eden - John Steinbeck

only 4 books on the TBR pile at the moment

Fire- Sebastian Junger (current read)

Granny D: Walking Across America in My 90th Year- Doris Haddock with Dennis Burke

Grave Sight- Charlaine Harris

Secrets of Lost Empires- Michael Barnes et al.

Locked Rooms, Laurie R King

Friends, Lovers, Chocolate, Alexander McCall Smith

the stranger, Camus

Four Souls, Louise Erdrich

The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana, Umberto Eco

But, in what order? Who knows? And when? Maybe after I am free of my Nabokov obsession. I may be forced to read everything on the planet by and about him first. I am savoring the annotated (Alfred Appel, Jr.) Lolita at the moment. Then I want to find out everything I can about the man who wrote this amazing novel.

Yo Still! :) Queen Loana is very interesting - you should read it then let us know what you think.

I'm going to tackle:
1. The Darkest Road, Fionavar Part III, Guy Gavriel Kay
2. My Life, Bill Clinton
3. Gardens of the Moon, Steven Erikson
4. Angela's Ashes, Frank McCourt
5. Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell

Except for the first book, don't know what the order of the others will be. But looking forward to all...

ds

Next up so far

I'm just finishing up The Book of Joe

After that I am aiming to tackle Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathem Letham
Debating whether or not to reread Et Tu, Babe by Mark Leyner somewhere in the mix.
And a friend just dropped off a couple of books by Peter Carrey. I'm not even sure which ones yet. My friend recommends him highly. i've never read any of his stuff and have no idea about it so at the very l;east it will be somehting new.

cajunmama said:
Fire- Sebastian Junger (current read)

Granny D: Walking Across America in My 90th Year- Doris Haddock with Dennis Burke

Grave Sight- Charlaine Harris

Secrets of Lost Empires- Michael Barnes et al.

I just returned from the library. I brought my son for storytime, but you know me, I can't not get a book (or four :eek: ).

To my list, I must add:

A Shadow on the Sun- Richard Matheson

The Cider House Rules- John Irving

Everything is Illuminated, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close- Jonathan Safran Foer

What order I will be reading them, I'm not sure, I like to mix up genres.

Cajunmama...I just finished The Cider House Rules. It was good and well worth reading, though a bit too long.

Since this forum is mostly fiction, I'll leave out my non-fiction list, which is much longer. In no particular order, here's my list:

William Least-Heat Moon PrairyEarth
Dorothea Benton Frank Pawley’s Island
Gaskell North and South
Edward Rutherford London
Michael Crichton Timeline
Robert Cormier Anything – he wrote the Chocolate War
Italo Calvino If on a Winter’s Night a Traveler
Hollinghurst, Alan The Line of Beauty
Wright, Sean The Twisted Root of Baarindor
Atwood, Margaret Oryx and Crake and/or The Blind Assassin
Saramago, Jose Blindness
Tom Berger Little Big Man, Neighbors, The Feud, Killing Time
Dave Eggers A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Kahled Hosseini The Kite Runner
Adrian LeBlanc Random Family
Kent Haruf Plainsong
Philippa Gregory The Other Boleyn Girl
James McBride The Color of Water
Bohumil Hrabal Anything I can find by him
Michael Bailey Palindrome Hannah

This should take me will into my next life...

ja9, I am looking forward to Cider House. That is your whole list? What I posted is just what I have checked out of the library. My list is pages long :D :D I can only hope I live long enough to read them...all.;)

MonkeyCatcher said:
My list currently contains 159 titles. Thanks a lot guys - those are all your fault! :D

Hey, that IS what we're here for;) Besides, doesn't it feel nice to know there's something interesting waiting in the wings? Sometimes I think the anticipation of a good story is nearly as good as actually reading it..almost.

abecedarian said:
Hey, that IS what we're here for;) Besides, doesn't it feel nice to know there's something interesting waiting in the wings? Sometimes I think the anticipation of a good story is nearly as good as actually reading it..almost.
Hey Dan'l fan. Check out these 2 books for your list:

"The Big Sky" by A.B. Guthrie, jr

"Give Your Heart To The Hawks" by Winfred Blevins

abecedarian said:
It actually makes me feel a bit impatient because I really want to get onto the next book to form an opinion of it for myself. But I never really was a patient person ;)

muggle said:
Hey Dan'l fan. Check out these 2 books for your list:

"The Big Sky" by A.B. Guthrie, jr

"Give Your Heart To The Hawks" by Winfred Blevins

Wagh! You shine muggle! Looks like I've got more to read than ever before..

MonkeyCatcher said:
My list currently contains 159 titles. Thanks a lot guys - those are all your fault! :D

cajunmama whispers to monkeycatcher: I'm afraid to count the titles on my list, I don't think I really want to know how many there are...:eek:

:D

cajunmama said:
cajunmama whispers to monkeycatcher: I'm afraid to count the titles on my list, I don't think I really want to know how many there are...:eek:

:D

abecedarian whispers to cajunmama:"yes you do want to know..and so does the rest of the class!"

abecedarian said:

abecedarian whispers to cajunmama:"yes you do want to know..and so does the rest of the class!"

yes, ma'am.
*goes into corner with TBR notebook, counts quickly*

I have approximately 550 titles on my list. If I read one book a week, it would take me 11 years to read them all!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I told you I didn't want to know!

Back