• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Translate from German for me please!

direstraits

Hey dearest German speakers of TBF...

I have a humble request to make: could anyone of you translate the following for me from German to English? I've run it through Google Translate already, but let's just say that the results have been less than satisfactory. :D

It is from Alan Moore's From Hell. Btw, please don't beat me up if it contains dialogue that you and I wouldn't use on our neighbour's cat.

Man: Klara, was ist?
Woman: Mein Gott. Mein Gott.
Man: Klara, mein liebes was ist denn los? Habe ich dir weh getan?
Woman: Nein. Nein, es war nicht deine schuld. Ich... Ich habe eine ERSCHEINUNG gehabt... einen schrecklichen Traum. Es gab eine Kirche, eine bose Kirche. Es war in einem ort Voller Juden...
Und... die Turen sind aufgeplatzt, und es stromte uberall heraus. All die Leute, all die Juden... est hat sie alle einfach weggewaschen. Es war Blut, Alois, sie entranken in Blut.
Man: Ganz ruhig, mein liebes, nicht weinen. Es war nur reine Einbildung. Alles ist jetzt in Ordnung. Allesist in Ordnung.

Cheers!

ds

Don't tell me... don't tell me!!!

Man: Klara, was it?
Woman: Of course it was mine, you daft cow! Mine, dammit! Now put it back!!!

How did I do?

ds

hi
well, that's it
i hope i did everything right. it not easy to translate from mothertongue to a foreign language :)

Man: Klara, what's the matter?
Woman: My God. My God. (I don't know if this is correct english, I couldn't find a good translation for this expression, so I translated it word for word.)
Man: Klara my dear, what's the matter? Did I hurt you?
Woman: No. No, it wasn't your fault. I...I had a vision... a horrible dream. There was a church, a evil church. It was a place full of Jews...
And... the doors opened up and it spilled out everywhere. All the people, all the Jews... it just washed them away. It was blood, Alois, they drowned in blood.
Man: Calm down, my dear, do not cry. It was just imagination. Everything's all right now. Everything's all right.

direstraits said:
Hey dearest German speakers of TBF...

I have a humble request to make: could anyone of you translate the following for me from German to English? I've run it through Google Translate already, but let's just say that the results have been less than satisfactory.
Keep this URL handy, it's helped me, it comes pretty close.
Translation

Keks... thanks a million. Yes, now it makes sense. :)

Madeline. Yeah, I know I should have run it through Babelfish too. :D

But then hey... nothing comes close to the human touch where translation is concerned, especially when it's such a long paragraph.

ds

Back