• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Travel ?s

Ronny

I'm thinking of going to Mexico or Caribbean this fall and I'm not sure which to visit. I've been leaning towards Veracruz in Mexico, Barbados or Belize in the Caribbean. Most of my friends go to Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas, I did have a friend recently go to Belize and he liked it. Any info on where you've been and what you liked about it or hated would be appreciated. It so hard to pick a spot and stick with it, but I need to start narrowing down my search some.

It really depends on what you like and what sort of holiday you want. Do you like cities or wilderness? Do you want to get away from it or be in a exciting city? Do you like night clubs and bars or do you want peace and quite? Do you like beaches and chilling or do you like wearing our your shoes and seeing the sites? Do you like art and culture? The list is endless. Some info on what kind of holiday you want will enable people to give a better recommendation for you :)

Check our Virtual tourist It's an excellent site. It's a site containing information and photographs of real people that have visited different places around the world. The information is organised into categories such as places to see, places to avoid, tips and hints, travel advice, dangers, tourist traps, off the beaten path and so on. Each place has it's own dedicated forum. Choose the country, city, or province and browse away. Should give you lots of ideas and information :)

Thanks for the site Wabbit , I'm going to look at it now :) .

I don't know what I want to do thats part of the problem, I like cities and wilderness, I like clubbing and sitting in a hammock, I love site seeing and people watching. I like to avoid the more crowded places. I did just do a very hectic 9 days in Orlando so I think I'll go for more quiet relaxation this time.

I would suggest to you Barcelona, Spain if you like a bit of everything. the city has a beach, fabulous sights, museums and culture, and some of the best bars and clubs in Europe. However, I suppose it's a bit too far :)

Yes too far for now :( . Actually I may move to Germany next summer so I will be traveling all around Europe in the near future.

This is what caught my eye on the Mexico travel guides

"The area of Veracruz, Tabasco and north to the Texas border is a throwback to Mexico of old. It has volcanoes, rainforests, Maya ruins and such abundant wildlife that you will see hundreds of toucans and an island filled with monkeys. Experience the dance and music of Veracruz (birthplace of La Bamba), the fabulous local foods of Xalapa, the local festivals, the miles of pristine coastline, Mexico's tallest mountain, the sheer beauty of the jungles."

How about a caribbean cruise? You have plenty of time for relaxing, but if you want to club/party you can do so on various islands or on the ship. Personally I'd go for a nice beach bure at Robinson Crusoe Island. It's cheap as hell to stay there, but the airfare is a bitch. I don't know if they have much clubbing available there though.

Mehastings- That looks great, I love snorkeling & windsurfing. Cheap is always good, especially this time around since this is my first trip that my family isn't sponsoring. They usually handle all my arrangements and I just show up at the airport, that sounds so bad but it's the way it's always been.

i went to mexico in january and went to a place called akumal. it's about an hour south of cancun. we stayed in a house that was formerly owned by the drummer from the grateful dead....it was so beautiful...catered to tourists, but not too touristy..i know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but for instance, we went on a bike ride thru the jungle and to a cenote ( an underground cave ). you can do those all over the place, but it was just our group, we had a private guide and no one really knew about the place except our guide. it was amazing. not too expensive in the area, close to some really cool spots, gorgeous bar on the beach (awesome ceviche) loads of restuarants. i have friends who are getting married there in the spring and cannot wait to get back.

Back