• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Troy or King Arthur?

I saw it last night (you might have noticed I wasn't online) and enjoyed it. Lots of battle scenes, so if that's not your thing it may drag a bit, but the dialogue was good, and Keira Knightley was all smoldering glances and blue paint. I am not well informed about the history of that period, but I didn't spot any errors, so I guess there's probably some little ones, probably of the "you're a century off" variety, but nothing hugely annoying. Very respectful of the characters but much different than what we've seen before.

Heh!! I'm not allowed to see this cos its got Keira Knightly in it, and Ice thinks i'd spend the whole movie drooling :D Apparantly the cinema people get a little upset if their seats are all wet when the movie finishes. :rolleyes:

Phil

phil_t said:
Heh!! I'm not allowed to see this cos its got Keira Knightly in it, and Ice thinks i'd spend the whole movie drooling :D Apparantly the cinema people get a little upset if their seats are all wet when the movie finishes. :rolleyes:

Phil

Depends why they are wet, I'm sure they mind drool lesser than other substances.

lies said:
Am I the only one who thinks Keira Knightley is intensely annoying?

I think so too, but its more the fact that Phil moons over her all the time thats annoying - I've got nothing against her :rolleyes:

She's attractive, and I don't find her annoying, but I don't find her to be a particularly brilliant actress. She's a little stilted. A bit like Helena Bonham Carter before she managed to escape her corsets and get parts in proper films. But then she's only young still, so I reckon she'll improve.

Unfortunately i havnt mooned anyone since i got annoyed at a kid down the street and mooned at his house ..... say last year then :p

Phil

Keira Knightley bothers me so much. She looks and talks funny. She was good in Pirates, and she was okay in Bend it like Beckham, but I didn't like her in King Arthur at all. As for this movie, I thought it was alright. It dragged at times, but it kept my interest (mostly because of Hugh Dancy, aka Galahad). One thing with Keira Knightley that I am definitely not happy about is that they are making a new Pride and Prejudice with her as Elizabeth Bennett. WHY!?!?!?! It angers me that Hollywood can't just leave classics like that alone. The one with Colin Firth was absolutely perfect. You can't get better, esp. not with the cast they've decided on, so why are they even trying?!?!

lies said:

Yes, but you make up for it with that damn' cool avatar! Princess Mononoke is one of my favourite films, and Miyazaki is a certifiable genius.

Back on topic, isn't this film, for one that markets itself on 'historical accuracy,' a pile of crap? Bearing in mind this is based entirely on adverts, but isn't the juxtaposition of a Roman Centurion (Arthur), who is also half-celtic (would they allow a half-celt to be a centurion in the legions?) with your typical 13th-14th century knight in plate armour (Lancelot), replete with Cross of Saint George shield, mildly anachronistic?

Im with you there!! Im not sure but i think its her pouty lips! They just bug me for some reason. I tolerated her in Pirates... but that was because it was a fab film and she was out shone by Johnny Depp. Not seen King Arthur yet. Keira's prescence wont put me off though as i like this sort of film. All it needs is a dragon and it would be a brilliant movie :D

Amy

I love historical epics, but did'nt get to see these at the cinema (mainly because my girlfriend hates historical epics!) so I'll get them on DVD.

Question is, are they worth buying? which is better? And are either of them bad enough to avoid?

I liked King Arthur OK, it could've been a much better movie but it was an interesting premise and the casting was incredible. kiera knightley just smolders. but, the plot could've been a wee bit better. got the idea that maybe it was originally scripted to be a darker film, and it was edited to keep the studio happy.

Back