• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Troy-what are they going to do?

I thought this was a terrible film.
The script was aweful and most of the cast were very clumbsy. Priam was well played, as was Hector, but most of the other characters were horrible. The plot could only be described as dumbed down and I too was annoyed that the Greek Gods and Goddess were excluded. I was particularly looking forward to the scenes were Diomedes wounds Aphodite (sp?).
The battle scenes were very very clumbsily done, and there was nothing resembling tactics used. The duel between Hector and Achilles was boring as well. :mad:
All in all, I'm very disappointed. :(

I thought the movie was very entertaining. I haven't read the Iliad, but I'm very familiar with the story so I did notice the differences; however, I don't feel the changes made the film bad. Taking the film for what it was, the story for what it was, I think it was done very well.

The film did focus on Achilles, but this was justified in the story. The special effects were on par, I noticed nothing that looked especially CG. I don't agree that the acting was poor. I found Brad Pitt's performance to be quite good. I picked up on all the conflicting personality traits he was trying to portray. He was a bit dry in some places but he came nowhere near stinking the place up. Eric Bana was fantastic. He embodied the Trojan warrior, in my books. I love Sean Bean so anything I say about him is biased :) I thought all the actors performed well.

I would have liked to have seen the gods and goddesses storylines too, but unless they make the movie 5 hours long - it's just not gonna happen in a summer blockbuster.

Back