• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

True Blood

UglyFury

Any fans here???? Season three will start soon....can't wait.

I gotta say, I haven't followed a tv series in years, since i was a teen, but this show has me and my wife hooked; every sunday I tune in for True Blood. I really like the characters and feel the format allows for a lot of room to bring up social topics. I think its a great contemporary series.

My favorite show that's currently airing :D. I do wish the maenad subplot last season didn't get so carried away.
Have you read any of the novels that inspired this series?

My wife has read and enjoyed the first couple; she hasn't read past whats aired on television. The manead plot was extreme; I'm glad she's gone. I really liked Godrich, even though he played a fairly minor role (yet he was mentioned a lot) I think his philosophy was redeeming.

My wife is fully hooked on these books and is devouring (pun intended!) them at an alarming rate.

I watched the first season only recently and really need to catch up with season 2 before season 3 airs here.

Over the weekend my sister-in-law was talking about the books, she's read most of them, and I got to thinking, eventhough I've never read the books (so its not fair to assume) this may be one of the series that the film version is as satisfying as the book, or at least I can say I am fully content with only watching the tv show. I know the norm is the opposite in most cases, but I feel the show is so compelling that I am definently satisfied with only watching the show.....what I'm most glad to hear about the books is that the book series is so long that there should be a few more tv seasons to go before it all ends.

I feel like I'm fine only knowing the story as told on the show. The books seemed too light-hearted and fluffy for my tastes. Excuse the bad pun, but I prefer my vampire stories with some bite.

I loved season 1 but fastforwarded through most of season 2. Hopefully season 3 will be as good as the first season.

The books are great but I wouldn't compare them to the show. Alan Ball has changed so many major things in only 2 seasons that the best option is to just think of the books and the show as 2 entirely different things.

I don't think the books are fluffy or lighthearted, though. If anything I'd say they have more bite than the show.

Back