• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Trying to understand people

sirmyk said:
Ah... that link looked familiar. I think I checked out one of the rules after getting my first warning. I'll pass this time around as well and skip the rules.
That's terrific.

One reason a person might choose to register but never post is that when you are logged in you can more easily see which threads have new posts. If you are invisible then you won't be seen on the active members list and you can read the forum without people posting to prompt you to post something.

Since some forums have sections that are only visible to members people may register to see what other forums are available, if any. They may be searching for something - I don't know if you need to be a member to do that here or not. They may also register in order to view the members list - perhaps they are looking for friends or don't want to be here if someone else they know is here. I don't know if you have to be a member to view the members list but I do know you have to be logged in to view profiles.

Or maybe we're just shy :eek: I registered a couple of days ago and have posted a few replies. With me it's finding the right moment to jump in - those of you that have been members for awhile seem to have a rapport going. I'm also new to online forums. :)

Back