• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Type O Negative

thirdeye

Type O Negative is one of my favourite bands. Peter Steele who fronts the band is a whopping 6'3 ft. tall or something, with a DEEP voice and a bass that's tuned to sound like a baritone guitar with distortion. The band just has some great key changes, and their music is originally and shocking.

I was slightly intimidated by their music at first. Mostly because it was so heavy and Peter's voice was so deep and original. As I started paying closer attention to the lyrics, I found that something so dark can be beautiful, and then it just came all together and the heaviness was just plain awesome. (I also really dig the cool keyboards and the urge to just jump around and sing along on almost ALL of their songs).

I think you can listen to them when in various moods: energetic, happy, in-love, sensual, depressed, angry etc. They also have songs that are politically charged and ones that diagnose culture or want to criticize it.

I know that they're not popular universally, and all of their albums differ a GREAT deal. I really believe that the best album to listen to FIRST is October Rust which is just plain love-filled and fresh and gorgeous.

Anyways, sorry for rambling on, I just dig this band a lot :eek: . Anyone like em? Hate em? discuss it here. :)

My favorite of theirs is Bloody Kisses. I love most of the songs on it and the cover of Summer Breeze is great. I saw them in '95 opening up for Pantera, and they played almost the entire cd. October Rust I didn't like as much and sold it. I haven't really heard anything of their since then.

Wow, you saw them live? That's awesome! They never come to Canada, but my girlfriend saw them live a bunch in the states. (no fair :( )Yeah Bloody Kisses is great! For some reason my favourite album is World Coming Down. It seems to be the darkest to me.

Christian Woman is my favourite of theirs, though I don't care for either of the videos very much.

Lenny, you're extremely lucky.

My favorite is October Rust, which was the first Type O album I purchased. I like the emphasis on the keyboards/synths, something that's lacking in their recent albums. I also enjoy Life Is Killing Me since it's a combination of all the sounds on their previous albums. Really, there's not one album from this band that I dislike.

Christian Woman is my favourite of theirs, though I don't care for either of the videos very much.

Lenny, you're extremely lucky.
I remember when they played Christian Woman, Pete Steele introduced the song by saying, "this song is about why some crucifixes smell like tuna.":eek: Didn't Steele pose for Playgirl?

Back