• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Upcoming movies?

The one I want to see is The Guard starring Brendan Gleeson & Don Cheadle,but there's no chance our cinema will show it! :sad:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is my most anticipated. The book is very good(I have 30 pages left). Not too mention that David Fincher is directing! He directed Fight Club, which I thought was better than the book itself.

I'm gonna watch the Swedish version sometime soon. Probably this weekend.

I am ecstatic for the release of The Hunger Games, which is March 23 of next year. The trailer was interesting, but a little short to be honest. However, I noticed that Jennifer Lawrence is playing Katniss--the evil villainess Mystique in X-Men: First Class--which really excites me; she's a great actor and I have never seen her in any other movies.
I loved reading the book and am still grappling with myself to continue on with the series. Reading The Hunger Games a few years ago, I recall presuming that it would be amazing for the book to evolve into a movie. I am elated now that I know it finally will be.

I am ecstatic for the release of The Hunger Games, which is March 23 of next year. The trailer was interesting, but a little short to be honest. However, I noticed that Jennifer Lawrence is playing Katniss--the evil villainess Mystique in X-Men: First Class--which really excites me; she's a great actor and I have never seen her in any other movies.
I loved reading the book and am still grappling with myself to continue on with the series. Reading The Hunger Games a few years ago, I recall presuming that it would be amazing for the book to evolve into a movie. I am elated now that I know it finally will be.

Watch Winter's Bone. Lawrence is amazing in it, and it's practically a real-world version of Hunger Games anyway... well, of the first few chapters at least.

Watch Winter's Bone. Lawrence is amazing in it, and it's practically a real-world version of Hunger Games anyway... well, of the first few chapters at least.

Thank you for the recommendation. I have never heard of Winter's Bone, but I will have to try it some time.

I can't wait for Cosmopolis either. I read yesterday he's in the running, with a handful of others, to direct the Hunger Games sequel.

Well, one of the authors I follow is Lee Child. I enjoy the Reacher character. BUT... his movie ONE SHOT coming out this December???? Don't even get me started on how the lead role is totally misrepresented by Tom Cruise. Maybe someone transposed the height figure, 'cause Reacher is 6'5", Tom is what 5'6".....
The trailer doesn;t grab you! What's with so much attention to the car? The book is good. Really good. But, the movie? I just don't think I an get past TC.

Heehee. I was waiting for someone to bring up the Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher thing.... I laughed out loud watching the trailer. Btw they changed the name of the movie to just "Jack Reacher".
Anybody who has read any of that series knows that Liam Neeson should have got that part... :whistling:

Btw they changed the name of the movie to just "Jack Reacher".

I suppose they're hoping to make it a franchise, and One Shot II would just look stupid.

Then again, Jack Reacher makes it sound like the Jack Slater movies from Last Action Hero.

Yeah, I knew of the name change... & the whole trailer is about that car! Supposed to be a plain ol' Mustang, but it's a muscle car which isn't on but 2 pages?? Anyway, we're so PC they don't even show what the movie is about. But with TC being lead, I'm sure the car is the least of the problem. He SOUNDS like TC. He's too short, he's ANOTHER action hero already. UGH! My choice for Reacher was Alex O'Loughlin. (the taller guy on Hawaii 5.0)

When I was a boy I read the british comic 2000AD, so I'm interested in the new Judge Dredd movie, chances are though it will be complete pants like the Sylvester Stallone effort.

Back