• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Upcoming Movies?

Ashlea said:
Please, please, please read the book before seeing the movie.

I did. It's sortof a rule for me. I've seen a couple movies first, but usually because I didn't realize there was a book. Otherwise, I'll miss a movie in the theatres and wait for it on DVD if that is what I have to do to read the book first.

I enjoyed the book a lot though. I bought the anthology, so it was hard for me to stop after just one. I'm going to pick it back up eventually, but I have other things to read right now.

Absolutely can't wait for HitchHiker's Guide! I love the robot.

I read something about Pride and Prejudice being remade...was kinda eehh about that. I loved the BBC version and besides the movie has been made enough times already.

Looking forward to Star Wars too...please be better than the last two!!
Batman..yep.

Also the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake. Should be interesting, I really like Tim Burton! But I really like Gene Wilder so I don't know how it's gonna go without Wilder.

I saw the previews for Kingdom of Heaven-looks good. But I wonder what position they are taking.

Also looking forward to Hitchiker's, although I was a huge fan of both the book and the tv series, so I hope it lives up to expectations. Apparently Beeblebrox doesn't have two heads though - what's up with that??
I'm sure Martin Freeman will make up for any downsides though - what a star! Anyone who hasn't seen the BBC series The Office needs to go out and get it right now!

Chocolate factory should be great. I love Tim Burton as well, and - I may be alone here - I love the work of Mr. Depp and I think he'll bring a lovely eccentricity to the role.

What does everyone think?

New movies

There is also supposed to be a new Superman movie, Italian Job 2, Jurassic Park 4, X3, Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Carribean 2 and 3, and lets not forget the Harry Potter movies.

Calenquedi said:
There is also supposed to be a new Superman movie, Italian Job 2, Jurassic Park 4, X3, Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Carribean 2 and 3, and lets not forget the Harry Potter movies.

haw haw... Harry Potter! Oh, welcome Calenquedi!

510645.jpg

I want to see The Fantastic Four, although it looks kinda silly-my as I remember the cartoon series, the humor was cheesy...
I also want to see Narnia and the new Harry Potter movie. With Narnia, I'm just glad they've got someone with decent teeth playing Lucy :D

Calenquedi said:

Here, here for all of those!

Fountainhead, that's a cute review. I liked the part about looking in the phone book. I liked the movie. Almost to much action, although it was worth seeing. If anyone has seen this movie, I have to say that I like the end comment John Smith says to the therapist. I won't say what it is to those of you who haven't seen the film. I guess you will just have to see the movie!

Back