• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

US-Russia missile clash

Just a matter of opinion-a lot of formerly Warsaw Pact nations have been incorporated into NATO. The Russians hate this and the thought of American troops on their front doorstep. I somewhat understand as history shows that when this happens, at least when the soldiers are German, that Russia has something to fear. It's also a big problem as the president and his advisors are simply incompetent when it comes to foreign policy negotiations. Other than name calling and rushing to war, they've shown little penchant for anything else. I've asked this before, I'll ask again-what is one foreign policy diplomatic success that this administration has had?? I do think it will be solved, Bush will leave office and hopefully Hillary and/or Obama will help reassemble our alliance of allies.

One thing I've heard several analysts say is that Putin is in a situation where it's in his interests to try and make Russia great again - rather than fix what's wrong domestically, it's much easier to act cocky against outsiders and throw his weight around to try and emerge as a great Leader of Men, invoke the interests of Mother Russia and blame outside forces for any problems they have. (Hey, it's worked before.) Obviously that's not the only issue here, but... the recent hassle that opposition leaders in Russia have had to endure (not to mention several murdered journalists) is NOT a good sign.

Why makes you say this?

Carter had the Camp David accords. What has Bush created, let alone, anything that has lasted? The only reason the bloodshed in Palestine ceased a few years ago was because the Arab allies of the U.S. were putting pressure on George to do something. It was tough for them to back the U.S. in Afghanistan and Iraq when you have crying Palestinians on Al-Jazeera nightly?

Back