• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Valentines Day

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

We don't make a huge deal over this 'holiday' either, but we have some treats for the kids, and I got some candy and a card for my dh. He was a little embarrassed this morning when I gave them to him, because he didn't have anything for me..but I reminded him that I have more opportunity to shop without him, than he does without me..anyway, he invited me to a 'romantic dinner at Subway's." This is even funnier since the new Sub shop in town is housed inside the new convenience store..Romantic? Sure, why not?

abecedarian said:
Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

We don't make a huge deal over this 'holiday' either, but we have some treats for the kids, and I got some candy and a card for my dh. He was a little embarrassed this morning when I gave them to him, because he didn't have anything for me..but I reminded him that I have more opportunity to shop without him, than he does without me..anyway, he invited me to a 'romantic dinner at Subway's." This is even funnier since the new Sub shop in town is housed inside the new convenience store..Romantic? Sure, why not?

Thats sweet and at least your getting a nice romantic dinner at subway :D

We don't really make a huge scene of V-day at our house. I have friends who buy intricate and expensive gifts for each other, but that is just not our style. Dinner and a card is the norm. This year I came home from work to a basket full of flowering plants on the kitchen table waiting for me. It was a huge surprise. Then, for the third year in a row we realized that we had gotten each other the same card. Clearly we should be on a Hallmark commercial. :rolleyes:

mehastings said:
We don't really make a huge scene of V-day at our house. I have friends who buy intricate and expensive gifts for each other, but that is just not our style. Dinner and a card is the norm. This year I came home from work to a basket full of flowering plants on the kitchen table waiting for me. It was a huge surprise. Then, for the third year in a row we realized that we had gotten each other the same card. Clearly we should be on a Hallmark commercial. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a case of "brilliant minds think alike!"

I bought my wife some roses; the only problem was it was on Saturday. I don't know what happened but whilst out in Bournemouth I just bought them thinking that St. Valentines day was on the Sunday. As the roses were already flowering I had to give them to her when I got home as they would have been a bit droopy by Tuesday. She was pleased though and I did give her a card on hte correct day. I found a gift wrapped copy of A Small Island by Andrea Levy and some chocolate when I got up for work at five o'clock on Tuesday morning. Why is she so good at choosing my gifts when I am so crap at choosing hers?:confused: :)

blueboatdriver said:
I bought my wife some roses; the only problem was it was on Saturday. I don't know what happened but whilst out in Bournemouth I just bought them thinking that St. Valentines day was on the Sunday. As the roses were already flowering I had to give them to her when I got home as they would have been a bit droopy by Tuesday. She was pleased though and I did give her a card on hte correct day. I found a gift wrapped copy of A Small Island by Andrea Levy and some chocolate when I got up for work at five o'clock on Tuesday morning. Why is she so good at choosing my gifts when I am so crap at choosing hers?:confused: :)

Aww, I think the flowers were a sweet idea. Best to give her them early than risk them dying just to keep them until the proper day. I bet she was delighted!! :)

blueboatdriver said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. The only mistake you made was buying the roses early. Think of it as celebrating twice! In the overall scheme of things, its a small goofup, something to laugh about on your 50th anniversary.

Back