• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Vampire stories by Stephen King?

AA Institute

I tried posting this on another forum, but only got short stories written by SK. So... apart from Salem's Lot (which is my faveourite as I have read the book and also have the film on VHS), has anyone read any other vampire novels by Stephen King?

Thanks,

Other than 'Salems Lot, has Stephen King written any other vampire novels? All I can think of, offhand, is the shorts The Night Flier and Popsy.

I don't think that anything besides Salem's Lot focused on vampires so exclusively. The Dark Tower series, especially Wolves of the Calla, has a lot of vampire material in it (Father Callahan from Salem's Lot makes a reapparance). AND, his short story tie-in to the Dark Tower, "The Little Sisters of Eluria" is all about weird vampires.

Salems' Lot is the only vampire novel by King. The other short stories previously listed are his only other "vampire" stories.

Edit: I forgot to mention the short story "Jerusalems' Lot" in Night Shift.

KristoCat said:
I don't think that anything besides Salem's Lot focused on vampires so exclusively. The Dark Tower series, especially Wolves of the Calla, has a lot of vampire material in it (Father Callahan from Salem's Lot makes a reapparance). AND, his short story tie-in to the Dark Tower, "The Little Sisters of Eluria" is all about weird vampires.

I am going to see if my library stocks the Dark Tower series. I expect it does, as it is so popular. I just picked up 'Daughters of Darkness' in the Night World series by L.J. Smith, which is a lightly written vampire book that I can easily get into (it's actually bordering on children's category of books!).

AA - a word of caution - King's Dark Tower series is very long, and vampires don't really show up until The Wolves of the Calla, which is the 5th book in the 7-book series. I think the series is great and definitely worth reading, but if it's just vampire stuff you're looking for and you're planning on starting with the first book you'll have to be patient.

If you want more suggestions for good fiction about vamipires, try this thread.

Back