• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

vampires or werewolfs

UTSteel

I need a few suggestions for books on either vampires or werewolfs. I just finished watching Underworld again... and now I need something to read. I dont mind to read a series just as long as its not drawed out too long. Thanks in advance :)

Nightmare at the End of the Tunnel by Skipp and Specter

Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King

Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon

Love in Vein 1 and 2 edited by Poppy Z Brite

I could go on and on.

Geenh said:
I could go on and on.

Oh, geenh, please do, I'm writing all this down, I love vampire and werewolf stories!!!

There's also Christopher Moore- Blood-Sucking Fiends
Laurell K. Hamilton- Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series, Guilty Pleasures is the first one, but they can all stand on thier own

I read 1 1/2 Ann Rice books about ten years ago. They just didn't thrill me, don't know why. Maybe I'll try again sometime. I highly recommend I Am Legend.

There are quite a few anthologies (more vampires and less werewolves) cajunmama. I finished reading one a few weeks ago called A Taste For Blood edited by Martin Greenberg. Some were ok others shit and others quite good. I like it when there's an erotic feel or ultimate horror feel. The middle of the road vampire stories don't work for me, although some of the 19th century vampire stuff is rather good and eerie.

Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite
The Howling by Gary Brandner
The Stake by Richard Laymon
The Traveling Vampire Show by Richard Laymon (I'm sure he's written more vampire novels)
The Lair of the White Worm by Bram Stoker
Carmilla by Sheridan LeFanu
The Adventure of the Sussex Vampire by Arthur Conan Doyle ;)

Stewart said:
The Adventure of the Sussex Vampire by Arthur Conan Doyle ;)
Sherlock Holmes and Vampires, huh? Not too bad, Stewart... :)

Underworld is based on White Wolf's series of role playing games. They have series of books based on their Worlds of Darkness universe which you may enjoy.

I don't really know, but they may be targetting young adults with their fiction books.

Just a thought.

ds

Tanya Huff's "Blood" series is a classic vampire series. There are, I believe, six of them.

LOVE the Anita Blake series! Most all of mine are autographed keepers! :D

Of course, only fair to give myself a plug -- the Sazi werewolf series by yours truly from Tor/Forge! :rolleyes: ;)

A good couple of books about vampires are Steven Spirull's Rulers of Darkness and the sequel Daughter of Darkness. A vampire grows a conscience and goes vigilante on the rest of the vampire community, but has a son who is, of course, fighting him every step of the way.

The Historian

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostkova is a fabulous book on vampires. It focuses on the history behind Vlad the Impaler where Dracula came from. I'm not completely finished, but so far it is a wonderful read with lots of historical information.

Back