• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

vBulletin Upgrade Available

Stewart

To Darren, I suppose, but the vBulletin team have released v3.0.4 which is designed to fix some bugs with v3.0.3 and to increase security in light of the Santy virus.

Stewart said:
To Darren, I suppose, but the vBulletin team have released v3.0.4 which is designed to fix some bugs with v3.0.3 and to increase security in light of the Santy virus.
Thanks Stewart. The forums have now been upgraded to v3.0.4, the latest version.

After spending an hour or two upgrading to v3.0.4. imagine how annoyed I was to find out that v3.0.5 has just been released so rapidly. :mad:

v3.0.5: Release Notes

Stewart said:
After spending an hour or two upgrading to v3.0.4. imagine how annoyed I was to find out that v3.0.5 has just been released so rapidly. :mad:

v3.0.5: Release Notes
I know what you mean! I've just had to upgrade another site which I manage, and that one had a few hacks to sort out too.

Still, at least they're on top of the security which is one of the reasons we paid for it.

Darren.

harishankar said:
The Santy virus is supposed to affect only phpBB boards? This is vBulletin, so how does it get affected?

There was a vulnerability in the version of PHP, the serverside scripting language, that both boards use and other security issues. While it seems that only phpBB boards of v2.10 and under were most vulnerable it is logical for all systems using the risky PHP function to upgrade to the latest definition of PHP and then edit their systems in light of the new version of PHP.

Back