• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

very old book?

sillynanny

kickbox
when I was young along time ago,like 1950's to 1960's,we had an old book,I think it came from school. it was hardcover. it had rhymes and poems,stories. it had over the river and through the woods,to grandmas house we go.I faintly remember a story about a little girl who did the most for her mother,a story about a monkey...I am sure this all sounds crazy ,But Oh! if someone could help me with the name or where I might beable to get this book,I would be eternally grateful...Please let me know if any of you have an idea of the book...Thanks ,susan:flowers:

Well, according to wikipedia, "Over the river and through the woods..." was a poem that was originally found in this book: Flowers for Children, volume 2. I'm not sure if that's the book you're looking for, but it's a good place to start. I searched amazon (not very thoroughly) for the book and couldn't find it. Maybe you can find it elsewhere...

World Book Encyclopedia had a set of books they sold called Childcraft, and they had several volumes of short stories and fairy/folk tales. One volume was geared primarily for nursery rhymes and poetry.. this set was specifically for school-aged children.

Back