• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Views from the New Apartment

VTChEwbecca

kickbox
As we live in a valley, we're surrounded by mountains. Luckily, we got a view with mountains on both sides of the apartment. Here are a few pics:

balcony.jpg

The View from our Balcony/Living Room

bedroom.jpg

The View from the Bedroom (Opposite side of the apartment from the balcony)

kitchen.jpg

The view from the kitchen

I love the mountains and couldn't imagine life without them. So being able to look out my windows and see them rising up above me is wonderful.

Very nice! :) Good luck and best wishes for the new home!

When is the housewarming party! I'll get packing shall I? :D

No housewarming party :) We've got everything we need (though we could use a decent couch, right now we just have a futon). There are too many people moving right now, anyway. Four of my five closest friends are all moving right about now...its madness!

I bet you have lots of fresh air!! :) Great to have a place in summer where there is plenty of green trees and :eek: MOUNTAIN! How much i want to climb a mountain now!!! for ages i haven't done my fav exercise. I miss mountains!!

Yes, good luck! chewbecca :)

Thanks for the well-wishes. The pictures do not do the view justice, I just love it here. And yes, Watercrystal, we get LOTS of fresh air! Its quite pleasant to get fresh air rather than needing A/C.

I'm almost all moved in, except for vaccuuming, and having my husband put his computer things away. It feels good to be almost done!

Beautiful pics, its great having a view - out one side of my house theres a valley of houses then fields, our the other side just fields. Sounds boring, but I really love it! Apart from today, cant see a thing for the drizzle :/

Fantasic views. I bet everyday you never stop stare at the mountains. Hope you settle in your new home! :)

Kaz said:
Fantasic views. I bet everyday you never stop stare at the mountains. Hope you settle in your new home! :)
I do, sometimes I just sit at the balcony window in the early morning and watch the sunrise over the mountains. Its absolutely beautiful and so serene. Our last apartment looked onto another identical apartment building...not much of a view. I could stay here for a long time and be absolutely content, even though its only an apartment.

What a wonderful view! Jealousy indeed! I am getting ready to move too, but all I am thinking about is how I am going to hate packing, how I am going to hate actually moving the stuff from point A to point B, and how I am going to hate unpacking! Is there really anything worse than MOVING? :(

Cin said:
What a wonderful view! Jealousy indeed! I am getting ready to move too, but all I am thinking about is how I am going to hate packing, how I am going to hate actually moving the stuff from point A to point B, and how I am going to hate unpacking! Is there really anything worse than MOVING? :(

I feel your pain. Actually, the packing took longer than the unpacking. I approached the whole thing with a better attitude, I think, because I knew that I was coming to a place I love more than the one I left. with my husband having moved away before me (he'd gotten a job that started before my classes ended), I was able to take my time and pack things well. We moved a load every weekend, and I unpacked each load as soon as it got here, so it really didn't seem to take all that much time to unpack. The worst was moving it from point A to point B. I can handle packing and unpacking, but loading and unloading vehicles is quite stressful.

Wooh, went to look at a rental cottage on a farm today - it was pretty lurvly, just worried because it has no fence to keep the dogs in, we'll have to buy a run for them!

Phil

phil_t said:
Wooh, went to look at a rental cottage on a farm today - it was pretty lurvly, just worried because it has no fence to keep the dogs in, we'll have to buy a run for them!

Phil

Oh, I love cottages! You'll have to post pics!

Back