• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Vince Flynn

Worm

Would anyone recommend something from him?How are his books ??
It was recommended to me by someone,so I thought to check out here ..

I have not read his latest, but the first couple were excellent, the next 2 were good but the last one I read (No,5) was following a formula.

They are real page turners, I'd recommend them

Yes, I would recommend Vince Flynn. I have read all of his books, and he is good. Read them in order if you can.

cshigh said:
Yes, I would recommend Vince Flynn. I have read all of his books, and he is good. Read them in order if you can.
Definately as they are a continuation from one to the other

cshigh said:
Read them in order if you can.
I've already bought 'Memorial Day' :eek: .Have you read it yet.What I made out of synopsis it looks kinda similar to the story of '24' Season 2.May be not,have to read it anyway :)

I've been waiting for Memorial Day to come down in price, probably get it on ebook, is it worth a read or has Flynn succumbed to the 'formula'?

Just found out about this guy as I was gifted Term Limits by a family member. A good political thriller sounds like a good page turner.:)

the early books were good, now it's just a formula he works too. Disappointing really!:sad:

Most everything follows a formula if it features a recurring set of characters so I don't understand the downgrading of the books on that point.

I love the books. They do what I want a book to do when I read it. ENTERTAIN ME!

And I read Extreme Measures...kicked butt it did!

New to Vince Flynn Books

Hey All,

This is my first post here in Book & Reader and I'm happy to have found a place to ask all my reading questions.

To start, I will say that despite American Assassin's poor reviews on book sites, I found it quite enjoyable. I found a few errors myself but I did not let it ruin the story for me. Judging by the reviews I understand that Flynn (as well as the editor and publisher) has done much better work in the past. So my dilemma is what to read next. American Assassin was the beginning of Mitch Rapp's story, and I cannot find any information leading me to the next in chronological order for Mitch Rapp's timeline. Is that even necessary? Or should I just grab the one people have the best things to say about? I just have a feeling now that I started in the wrong place in this series, even though it was kinda the beginning, just not. I look forward to the next one of Flynn's books, and considering I liked the one everyone hates, it's only going to get better right?

I'm not trying to start a debate about which one is best, but say what you would like as long as you don't give away much about the stories.

Thanks!!

-Will

Hi wcoutret. I'm not familiar with Flynn's novels but found a Wiki entry on Mitch Rapp. They seem to be stand alone but some do refer to past events in previous books - perhaps you should read them in the order written?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just start over from the beginning and let the recruitment phase stand alone from the rest of the stories I read. Thanks! Any other thoughts?

I recently read Pursuit of Honor. It was a well written good story except for one thing:

He used Mitch Rapp to espouse his personal views on abortion. At first, there was just a mention in passing, but later, Mitch Rapp goes on a long tirade at a congressional hearing about abortion, AND IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY.

If you read the one star revies on Amazon, you will see that many were turned off by it. I'm surprised his agent and editor let it into the book.

That is a shame. I read these types of books for the action and suspense, not for partisan politics. I looked at the reviews and it seems there were more than a few put off by it. You would think a writer like Flynn would know what his readers wanted a little better than that. I got Transfer Of Power this afternoon and hope to read it tomorrow when i'm too hungover to ski. Happy new year!

Back