• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Violation of Membership Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart

3.8 You agree that you will not use The Book Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you.

Martin said:
I literally just listened to Gwen Stefani's latest single (something with 'holler' - the single most horrific word in the English language); a single which is, alleggedly, topping the US charts right now, and I sincerely believe we should rally up and collect some cash to have her assassinated.

Are you with me?

This is hateful and its call for assassination is certainly in violation of the law.

Please deal with the member (or moderator - whatever he was at the time) accordingly.

re: [Original Thread]

Pardon my totally newb type question here, but I was not part of the forum for the last two days, and fear I have missed something.

At the bottom right corner of Stewarts posts there is now a bold black label that states he has 1 warning. Is this a new tag that's been added in the last few days because of the members feedback, or has this practice always been in effect, or has Stewart added this himself?

again, sorry if I'm dragging up old business....

Motokid said:
Is this a new tag that's been added in the last few days because of the members feedback, or has this practice always been in effect, or has Stewart added this himself?

I've added it myself. Makes me look bruised and hard done by. At least if I disappear then you'll know why rather than just getting banned and only being told when someone brings it up. :D

so stewart, what is it that you want? all the he said, she said, and listing of rules and who is following what, is all very entertaining, especially for those of us who are still relatively new, but what is it that you would like to see happen?

There's no point in making it public - it evolves into endless bitching, whining, and moaning. I'm waiting, instead, for a response from Darren Lewis. :)

There's no point in making it public
I refer you to your own 'I don't like secrets'-thread. :p

No, but seriously, isn't that exactly what you want, making it public. Isn't this thread right here proof of that?

Cheers

"I've added it myself. Makes me look bruised and hard done by."

Rebel with a cause...I like it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Stewart said:
There's no point in making it public - it evolves into endless bitching, whining, and moaning. I'm waiting, instead, for a response from Darren Lewis. :)

fair enough. i was just curious.

Martin said:
I refer you to your own 'I don't like secrets'-thread. :p

I made that public because I feel that warnings should be made public to members of the forum. Me feelings regarding some moderators have been aired also and now I move on to Darren Lewis with my case.

Isn't this thread right here proof of that?

No, it's a reminder to you to watch what you say since you are, in effect, a representative of this fine, but soured, site.

my last 2 cents. maybe the solution lies in making stewart a moderator, the whole walk a mile in someone else's shoes bit. can't beat'em join'em. sometimes change is best started from within and if he was part of the process......however i also thought the ass picture was funny so......

Just out of curiosity, has the general, collective membership of TBF made any significant changes to forum policy through actions like this? Actions like threads designed to bring about change, and what would those changes be if they occured?

well maybe it's a shit idea or maybe i am brilliant beyond anyone else's reckoning. it's all perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back