• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Vladimir Nabokov: Lolita

Peder said:
Like the big font, but I don't understand the big word. :rolleyes:
Big Peder
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Instigate--1. bring about by incitement or persuasion; provoke 2. to urge on; incite (a person, etc)

:D Ya may as well wear the shoe, it fits! :cool: (perfectly) :D

No, no don't leave! Stay here and let's discuss Lolita all over again. We can forget the previous 150 pages of posts (except post 1981, the year of my birth, which is a post that took me about two hours to compile) and begin again.

What did you think of the couch scene then?

Come on, please, start this again. Ah, those were the TBF days huh.

(Also, Peder, Pontalba, Still, etc, my exams are finished! I am now able to catch up with our Sebastian and the others, so which to go for first?)

Steffee! I bet you are glad that chore is over!! Happy Days!
Ah now, hmmm, Sebastian is next, but you never know, Lolita may just have something left...;) Ya suppose anyone else wants to play? :D

steffee said:
No, no don't leave! Stay here and let's discuss Lolita all over again. We can forget the previous 150 pages of posts (except post 1981, the year of my birth, which is a post that took me about two hours to compile) and begin again.

What did you think of the couch scene then?

Come on, please, start this again. Ah, those were the TBF days huh.

(Also, Peder, Pontalba, Still, etc, my exams are finished! I am now able to catch up with our Sebastian and the others, so which to go for first?)
Hi Steffee,
Good to hear from you again, and I hope you did very well!
When raffaellabella comes back and we all stand in a big circle maybe we can make a wish and get her to stay. I have the coffee and French crullers ready. :) Nobody has ever turned one of them down!
As for catching up. If you are a fast reader you can maybe catch up with SIL, and then maybe Breaca can catch up with you both in reading Sebastian Knight. And then maybe the tooth fairly will come.... and ..... and .... :)
Who knows, we might even open a thread!? And have a real good talk-around on the mystery of the black mask that SIL was asking about. (I myself hadn't noticed it, so I'll just ask questions. :rolleyes: Or else just sit and sip coffee, and nod sagely, as Pontalba explains. :cool: )
All sorts of possibilities, :)
Peder

I'm really enjoying Laughter in the Dark;)

Originally posted by Peder
And have a real good talk-around on the mystery of the black mask that SIL was asking about. (I myself hadn't noticed it, so I'll just ask questions. Or else just sit and sip coffee, and nod sagely, as Pontalba explains. )
Coffee and donuts.......I am soooo there! And I'll let M. Peder do the splainin'.:D

Oh, are you really?;)
pontalba said:
Coffee and donuts.......I am soooo there! And I'll let M. Peder do the splainin'.:D
Well then, I better stop eatin' donuts and start doin' some seryus rereadin'.
Shoo, Iris go away; stop nibbling my neck! Daddy has some important work to do.

Peder said:
Oh, are you really?;)

Well then, I better stop eatin' donuts and start doin' some seryus rereadin'.
Shoo, Iris go away; stop nibbling my neck! Daddy has some important work to do.
And another Sebastian? Villa? Drat!

p.5 Look at the Harlequins!
Oh wow, you have keen eyes! That Sebastian hasn't shown up yet. We have another no-name narrator however, so far. But there is a girl, Iris by name. So all is not dull.

Rebirth of Lolita /gasp/ Me wanna play, can I, can I, pleeeease:D Ha like we needs encouraging. And oh how I yearn for Seb and the unveiling of the masks secret - is there a secret? You got me stir crazy here - me wanna read it too. Oh book fairy, book fairy, where art thou book fairy?

Breaca said:
Rebirth of Lolita /gasp/ Me wanna play, can I, can I, pleeeease:D Ha like we needs encouraging. And oh how I yearn for Seb and the unveiling of the masks secret - is there a secret? You got me stir crazy here - me wanna read it too. Oh book fairy, book fairy, where art thou book fairy?
Well, ya jes nevah know around there here parts. ;) :cool: :eek: Those Nabokovians are capable of anything in Nabokovia. :)

You know the forums will be down some this weekend, so maybe by next week, something new may just be on the horizion......:eek:

pontalba said:
You know the forums will be down some this weekend, so maybe by next week, something new may just be on the horizion......:eek:
I am glad you reminded me -- I would have thought it was my computer. :eek: But oy, just thinking of it, now I have a headache! :(
Peder

Thanks for the reminder. How long will it be for? I forget. I just spent all morning trying to figure out how to return a Canon cartridge for recycling, and I would have wasted yet another morning trying to get Toshiba to fix my laptop! Or I mgiht have decided that I was banned for some silly infraction or other. :D

Peder said:
I am glad you reminded me -- I would have thought it was my computer. :eek: But oy, just thinking of it, now I have a headache! :(
Peder

Headaches can be caused by caffeine deficiency, or so I have heard. :D

StillILearn said:
Thanks for the reminder. How long will it be for? I forget. I just spent all morning trying to figure out how to return a Canon cartridge for recycling, and I would have wasted yet another morning trying to get Toshiba to fix my laptop! Or I mgiht have decided that I was banned for some silly infraction or other. :D
I think its just for the weekend. Darren posted something about it recently.
Here: http://forums.thebookforum.com/showthread.php?p=193169#post193169

Evidently not All Weekend, just partially. :(

I'm intrigued at the vast readership of this novel and have added it to my large Amazon book wishlist. :D

Back