• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Vladimir Nabokov: Lolita

Thank You, I wanted something to contrast more with the surrounding and prevailing dun and browns. :) Turns out most of my pics are on the brownish level, so this at least contrasts, and who can resist Vladimir. :D

pontalba said:
Thank You, I wanted something to contrast more with the surrounding and prevailing dun and browns. :) Turns out most of my pics are on the brownish level, so this at least contrasts, and who can resist Vladimir. :D
Pontalba,
That really is a neato new avatar and it is unmistakable who the gentleman is! :D Great that his picture comes through so clearly! :)
Peder

Peder said:
Pontalba,
That really is a neato new avatar and it is unmistakable who the gentleman is! :D Great that his picture comes through so clearly! :)
Peder
Thanks, I usually don't care for that shade of mint green, but in this case I made an exception. ;) :eek:

Ditto to what the others have said, Pontalba (oft seen inside 'a Nab plot', hehe, sorry, just so proud of that, you chose that name on purpose, didn't you? ;) ), great avatar! And signature. I want Laughter in the Dark. Must have, must have!

LOL Steffee! Would that I had realized that! One of life's pleasurable ironies. :D :cool: Can't believe you sussed that out!
I know you will enjoy Laughter its amazing how many of the same story threads VN used over again.

Gem!
Great contribution, and pretty too!
I certainly hope you'll at least come back and join the Discussion. And we are all about puzzles here, so many many thanks! Gives us another one to chew on. And you too.
And now that you are not such a stranger, come on in and be a friend.
Do you like tea or coffee? Cream? Sugar? Pastry? :)
Peder

Peder,
I certainly hope you'll at least come back and join the Discussion. And we are all about puzzles here, so many many thanks! Gives us another one to chew on. And you too.
And now that you are not such a stranger, come on in and be a friend.
Do you like tea or coffee? Cream? Sugar? Pastry?

Thats so very sweet of you, you had me at pastry ;) If i'd known about the pastries i'd have popped in earlier :D

Pontalba,
Thanks for finding it. Ya just never know whats out there

A friend of a Friend brought up Nabokov at dinner the other day. He mentioned the possibility of a riddle in Lolita and Nabokovs own childhood experience with his uncle. So of course while i sat and pretended to listen I was really thinking 'hhmmm..I wonder if Peder, Steffee, StillIlearn and Pontalba have come across this yet, and what must they think of it?' :rolleyes:

Well, by we hadn't come across it here, so thank you so much for finding it for us. I'm laughing! Gem, you have now joined the thousands of 'bokovians who get that funny glazed look in their eyes whenever Lolita is mentioned.

So of course while i sat and pretended to listen I was really thinking 'hhmmm..I wonder if Peder, Steffee, StillIlearn and Pontalba have come across this yet, and what must they think of it?'

I wonder how many times we are thinking of our own cyber friends while talking to our 'real life' friends and if they aren't also often thinking about theirs? :D

this is an experiment..... :rolleyes:

10pqbme.jpg

Ah, is that why you're sitting there looking like the proverbial Cheshire Cat - grinning from ear to ear:D

Then again, posting a picture of Mr Mason - aaahhhhh

Breaca said:
Ah, is that why you're sitting there looking like the proverbial Cheshire Cat - grinning from ear to ear:D

Then again, posting a picture of Mr Mason - aaahhhhh
Really! What woman could resist That? :eek: :D

Mmmm, do I want to answer that. I wonder if them young 'uns out there would share that opinion. He is rather dashing and distinguished. I always enjoyed his voice too.:D

Wait a moment, come a little closer. Just a little bit closer.........now let me just reach for my walking stick,...........WHAM!

Now what was that you were saying??
Need some help?

Paramedics!! :D

:mad:

:p

Ah you poor thing - you've even got a walking stick.

And never mind swinging that thing again - I'm a ducking and a diving.

Diving? Yeah. :D :D
Ah well, one of the trials of getting older is having to deal with you young whippersnappers.......:p

:D

Back