• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Want more??

back to the topic now

ahem.. back to Marquez, you've reminded me i picked up "cholera" from a second hand book shop - anyone fancy buddying up to read it?

just need to got the doctors now i'm fed up of catching diseases form book shops!

ksky

Pratchett's books induced me to read more (most) of them, as did Amy Tan's Joy Luck Club. Fannie Flagg's Fried Green Tomatos at the Whistle Stop Cafe made me want to read all of her books, I have one left, but I've enjoyed all the others. Dorothy L. Sayers' Clouds of Witness led me to read a majority of her books (I'm going to read the others, just haven't gotten to them yet). Of course, JK Rowling's HP & The Sourcer's Stone led me to read the next four books. Anne McCaffrey's Dragonrider Trilogy led me to read all of the Pern books. Tom Clancy & Vince Flynn's first novels have also induced me to read many/most of their novels.

There are others, but I cannot recall them all at the moment.

on another note...

there are also publishers whose lists i find hard to ignore. i don't know if these two are still going but i felt safe reading anything by Harvill press and Rebel Inc. i heard Harvill got bought out - thats a shame - they produced commodious books. and i'd never have discovered Helmut Knut if it wasn't for Rebel Inc.

ksky

Okay you two, get a room.

I second that!! Possibly a whole damn HOTEL!! :D

Thirdly, how clever of you to side-step Phil's ass

No-one could side-step my ass im afraid, its just too damn fast ;) Although i must say that it is very flattered to be receiving so much attention from the Forum residents. :p

Phil

I would add Margaret Atwood and John Irving. Although I have come across a couple of John Irving books that weren't fantastic (The Fourth Hand, Water Method Man) I always hold out high hopes and am usually not dissapointed.

Michael Crichton also, i went out and read most of his after reading JP - even the hard to find ones like Binary and Eaters of the Dead :)

Phil

Back