• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

want to find books about robots

huxley

i have a question :is there any other book (besides azimov and blade runner ) books that are about robots or androids . a book where robots or androids are characters.

thanks

You may want to give Sladek's Roderick books a look. Here in Europe at least there's an omnibus available that collected both of them under the title "The Complete Roderick." I haven't read more than five pages of them myself, so I can't really say anything, except that they're generally fairly highly regarded, and look like fun. It's more or less a satirical tale of a robot "growing up" and meeting the world.
Go look it up or something ;)

If you're into Star Wars, most of the Star Wars novels feature robots/androids as characters. Of course, they just call them "droids."

well ,a story were if you don't have robots ,you have no story, i'm just looking for a story were robots are very involved .

thanks

Mockingbird by Walter Tevis. It takes place in a dystopian future where robots run the world but are not capable of running it well. One of the major characters is an android that wants to die but cannot commit suicide because of his self-preservation programming.

Back