• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wanting to Start Reading Horror Book

What kind of horror? Monsters, ghosts, vampires, end of the world? You can't go wrong with early Stephen King -- The Stand, Salem's Lot, The Shining.

What kind of horror? Monsters, ghosts, vampires, end of the world? You can't go wrong with early Stephen King -- The Stand, Salem's Lot, The Shining.

Hi midnightglow, yes, tell us what sort of horror you're thinking about. I enjoyed The Stand and The Shining. Sci fi-type horror? Psychological-suspense horror?

If you want a cant put it down stay up all night book you might try Stephen King's "IT"...but any early Stephen King book is great..I am reading the Dark tower series and am really enjoying it.

I'm currently reading A Deadly Haunting by Joie Albrecht. It's a terrifying tale about a family who was tormented by what they call Mr. Entity. It is based on a true story that happened in the late 80's/early 90's. Definitely scary...

Besides King, Dean Koontz, and Robert McCammon are good people to start off with.
Koontz puts out around 57 books a year so he has a lot to choose from but "Watchers" is a good one to start with.
McCammon "Swan Song", "The Wolf's Hour", "Boy's Life", and "Stinger" are all pretty good.

Back