• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Warning Log

Nakmeister

I've just logged into the forum after a couple of week absence, and noticed above my last post there's a 'Warn 0%' just below my username, and five small squares next to it. Click on the 0% link, it says 'this user doesn't have any warning logs'. What's this about? Is it a new feature or something?

Thanks,

Nakmeister

Nothing to sweat about-you either have to get very personal with someone or break one of the more serious rules in the user agreement to get a mark. For the most part, this is an online kindergarten(though Motokid is the student in the corner eating glue.);)

Perhaps I am dense, but I do not get it. What's a warning log? I think that it is something that keeps track of where a viewer is at a point in time. When you say someone is ok with the warning log what is that person being told? Perhaps I am dense but, I don't quite get it yet.

jbcohen said:
Perhaps I am dense, but I do not get it. What's a warning log? I think that it is something that keeps track of where a viewer is at a point in time. When you say someone is ok with the warning log what is that person being told? Perhaps I am dense but, I don't quite get it yet.

All it does is keep track of your "strikes." This way, you know where you stand at a given point and time. They set this up as a courtesy so that someone doesn't find themselves banned and not knowing what it was for and let that person's friends complain and whine incessantly about why so-and-so is no longer around. For the vast majority of members, this isn't a problem. As a matter of fact, it was recommended in a thread after one member got into trouble. Do some digging and you'll find the whole story.;)

SFG75 said:
Do some digging and you'll find the whole story.;)

Do some digging around and you'll find some of the most delightfully funny and creative posts you can imagine. Almost seems to me (who was blissfully oblivious at the time) that we may have thrown some babies out with the bathwater.

Ha! Two cliches for the price of one.

(Now, three cliches and one allusion, but who's counting?)

:D

We've had some real "winners" You have people who were once banned, coming back under new monikers-which is against the rules. Not only that, you also have people who bring family in inappropriately and who then get upset because threatening to kill another members family isn't that big of a deal...ha..ha..ha.. Yep, a lallopalooza of flunkies and rejects. Goodbye and goodriddance.:D

Back