• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wasp stung

Kaz

At work, I was filming a play somehow a wasp played with me which interupt me. ( I thought it was fly) I was mad to shove it away. Then a wasp stung my arm. I was moaned and agony ( big word for you, not for me :D ) :( . I was rushed off to chemist to get a spray to reduce it down. I want your advice, what's your tip to reduce the stung down or make the pain away? :confused:
Now, my arm are bit of tingling and bit sore. :mad:

Over here we have Benadryl, which makes a cream for the bite and an antihistamine in pill form. Works great, but puts you to sleep.

Kaz said:
At work, I was filming a play somehow a wasp played with me which interupt me. ( I thought it was fly) I was mad to shove it away. Then a wasp stung my arm. I was moaned and agony ( big word for you, not for me :D ) :( . I was rushed off to chemist to get a spray to reduce it down. I want your advice, what's your tip to reduce the stung down or make the pain away? :confused:
Now, my arm are bit of tingling and bit sore. :mad:
Ouch nasty wasp! I've never been stung before, so I don't know what it feels like and I hope I dont get stung too! A wasp sting is acid, thats why it hurts so much! :p

A wasp sting is alkaline and, as Ice said, can be countered with acetic acid (vinegar).
A bee sting, on the other hand, is acidic and can be countered with baking soda.

... and if you ever spill caustic on yourself, pour beer (even better - cider) on it - you'll be as right as rain :)

.... and if you ever get stung by a jellyfish, you have to pee on your leg ;)

Whaaaat!! - that might save your life one day :D

Phil

Abulafia said:
Waste of beer. :mad:

You kinda get used to it in my line of work :) I'd say I pour at least 40 cans a day down the drain - on a good day - about 18 bottles... plus all the beer I spill on myself, or just drain off the tanks/tanker/keg... then theres all the conditioning tanks... fermenting vessels.... mmmm beer beer everywhere.

Still get a bit emotional over wasted wine though :)

phil_t said:
.... and if you ever get stung by a jellyfish, you have to pee on your leg ;)
Do you pee on your leg no matter where the jellyfish stings you?

I've read that if you're in arctic conditions and get your hand stuck to a metal object, you can pee on your hand to release it. But if you get both hands stuck, then someone else will have to pee on them for you, or at least help you aim.

Back