• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Weary Eyes

-Carlos-

After having a long sessions of reading, do you get weary eyes?

You lose your visual focus and you have to close your eyes for a few minutes. I hate it when it happens to me, like right now. :mad:

Maybe you need an eye test for some reading glasses. It helps to take a break - go and make some coffee, go to the loo (or whatever you call it in the US) - for fifteen mins or so.

Prescription glasses? I sure hope not. Will I look like this:

glassesBAR.jpg

:eek:

Red eyes

Yes, it's not a joke, I get weary eyes when I read for hours or when I work on the computer, my eyes get red:eek:
Breaks don't seem to help, especially if I have to study for an exam and stay up.

Eyestrain is no joke. I have to stop reading now and then just to rest these old eyes. I've also found that when I'm overtired, my eyelids twitch..talk about annoying..

I hate twitchy eyes... it always makes me feel like I'm spazzing out. My eyes don't get weary, they just get dry. And occasionally I'll get a headache if I've been reading for too long. The only solution I've found is sleep.

Not joking about the reading glasses. As you get a little older they really help, especially if you do lots of reading; preventing eyestrain. I wear them, very fashionable ones too.

My eyes tend to dry out. This is worse when on the computer than when reading a book. The only way of ameliorating it is to take a break. I'm going to see my optician about some glare-reducing computer specs; the ones I have are the wrong strength.

I wanted to finish reading my current novel last night, but I suffered from those weary eyes so I decided to go to bed. I dislike it too.

I already wear glasses so no need for that suggestion! ;)

Back