• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Weird email

Marquis Rex

I got an email from a stranger today.

It recognised it to be alot of my posts- an amalgam of- from various posts.

All pasted into an email. No comment, no nothing- no interpretation.

After a while I recognised the scribbings to be my own scribbing froms here- this forum.

So I'm just wondering Why?

Was there a point being made?

( I imagine the person who sent the email might be reading this?)

Interesting...

HUH????? that IS really weird.

Hey, you have your very own stalker! *SIGH* Nobody stalks ME! *kicks stone*

Mmmm very mysterious! I like it! Is there any pattern to the mail or is it just random stuff?

Wabbit, Hmm, well I can tell you which posts they were, seeing as they were posted here.

One was a response to Someones question about piercings and my opinion on them and how one of my ex G/Fs had them and tatoos.

And the other post was one about Net dating and dating in general..and exs....and travelling.

There was no comment given, no nothing and I don't see the link between these two posts really except the G/F factor.

If it was someone stalking me, surely they'd make some kind of comment.....or supposition? *L*

YES! MY GOD! He is right! This can ONLY be the work of those evil penguins! GOD DAMN THEM! their evil knows no bounds! :mad:

To respond to you Rex, it's actually more in line with a stalker to NOT say anything. I mean, isnt it better just to send and not say anything? Let them wonder and let them stew?....

Could it be the work of your X? Have you upset any women recently? :D lol

Is NOT the penguins, SillyWabbit! :mad: They can't cut and paste worth a darn, and you know it! (#*@! can't manage the blankty-blank mouse... stupid flippers. Grr...)

Actually, Marquis Rex, you should be able to find the original source of the e-mail quite easily. What program do you use for e-mail?

Cathy
Presently working on a water-proof flipper-friendly mouse...

you all, i saw the penguin do it. i said nothing because i fear it would come after me, now i fear itll do something in spite of me saying this now. i waould be warned of this email, it could be a psycho pengiun or even worse, a smart one. gasps.

Quite ALOT has happened, since I've been away from here.

I went to Finland and Sweden.

I found out my ex Girlfriend Swedish)( not the one with piercing) - is pregnant- (but not mine) and the father slipped out on her.

So that was a bit err...ground shaking.....Me and her are no longer in contact unfortunately but my thoughts have been with her alot. But she's not the type to do this, in fact I've been trying to get in contact with her and she's been avoiding me....and it's been ages since we've been together.
I also got very friendly with a police woman in Finland who was very sweet, and we'd sing together at the Kareoke cars, but we're in regular corespondence....
I really don't think I'm interesting enough to have a stalker....

Cathy C, I use hotmail and I have the email address of the person- but it's a <<weird name>> at Yahoo.com.

if *stalker* is watching *waves* :p

:eek: That's pretty freaky actually. Do you have it set so that you can receive email from members here? Or would it have to be someone who knew your email address otherwise?

Cathy C said:
Is NOT the penguins, SillyWabbit! :mad: They can't cut and paste worth a darn, and you know it! (#*@! can't manage the blankty-blank mouse... stupid flippers. Grr...)

Actually, Marquis Rex, you should be able to find the original source of the e-mail quite easily. What program do you use for e-mail?

Cathy
Presently working on a water-proof flipper-friendly mouse...

HA!!! Do not try fool us! You KNOW damn well that penguins only pretend not to be very good with the flippers!

lahondas said:
you all, i saw the penguin do it. i said nothing because i fear it would come after me, now i fear itll do something in spite of me saying this now. i waould be warned of this email, it could be a psycho pengiun or even worse, a smart one. gasps.

AH HA! So it WAS the penguins! Thos evil birds of doom.... *mutter mutter mutter*

I use hotmail and I have the email address of the person- but it's a <<weird name>> at Yahoo.com.

Well, it's probably not a big deal. It could be a simple case of someone meaning to comment on something privately and hitting "Send" before they typed their message. If that's the case, then you've notified them with this thread.

But, cutting and pasting from several threads involves a certain commitment of time. I'd save that e-mail and if it happens again, contact Yahoo and ask them for personal information on the person. If it's a cyber-stalking, Yahoo probably will at least contact the person to notify them of a violation of their e-mail agreement of not spamming or flaming.

As for the rest . . . Wow! Good luck on everything! :eek:

Cathy

HA!!! Do not try fool us! You KNOW damn well that penguins only pretend not to be very good with the flippers!

Hmm... you're getting a bit too clever for your own good, SillyWabbit. heh heh heh

Cathy C said:
Hmm... you're getting a bit too clever for your own good, SillyWabbit. heh heh heh

:eek:

Breaks out the attack badgers and search lights. Those penguins will NEVER take me!

That's just too odd to be spam... I agree that cutting and pasting would take too much time. Most spammers would never take the time to do that.

How long was the email? Just a few posts? Or was it quite a bit? I disagree about stalkers being fun... I had one, I should know.

I wish there was something I could do to help. Make sure you post very very often so that we know you're okay. I don't want to worry over nothing. :)

Hi Dele,
And everyone else thanks for the concern.
Don't worry Dele.
It was a long email.

I'm not that worried.
I doubt it's a stalker. May be someone hit the send key by mistake.

Agreed that stalkers aren't "cool", that police friend of mine from Finland had a stalker once, and this guy would phone up 20-30 times a day! (why would anyone want to stalk a cop?).
If you're a guy, and a woman is stalking you, hypothetically speaking, it's different. My house is quite frankly, scary, with over grown bushes everwhere all around. No one would be coming here! I don't have any pets, and I'm quite a boring nerd, who could bore the socks off anyone if they phoned me about cars engines, cam profiles and fluid dynamics of an engine.

Actually, on a similar note (hi jacking the thread a little), the WORST and freakiest experience I had online was in a chat room.

I went in there, after years of not having gone there- and this guy came in (he lived in California) and was well known for having marrital problems and being violent.

Well he came into chat, KNEW my real name and started calling me and abusing me. The freakiest thing was that he knew all my neurosis and weaknesses. I shrugged them off and pretended not to care. He then mentioned some stuff that was personal between me and my REAL LIFE ex Girl friend- ( the Swedish one who used to once live here with me)- and really hit some nerves. Really personal relationship stuff- that only she could have known.
I went offline, but the comments still rung in my head later on that evening.

I know had known of this guy for ages, and his antics, he would hook up and sweet talk women from online..dissappear from online, only later we'd hear about his anger management problems and how he would beat them.

One of the women who hooked up with that guy- would phone me up- and tell me about the violent hell she was going through with him at the time- and SHE knew personal stuff about me and my ex. She was also naive and "weak"- and possibly told him alot of personal details about me. Well that's my theory.

Back