• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Well hello there

Sam Page

Hi. I have a PhD in Philosophy, but am reading mostly mountaineering literature these days. And when I'm not taking care of my two little kids, I like to get out and do a little mountaineering.

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum! Who are some of your favorite authors?

Thanks writergirl. Favorite authors . . . hmmm. Mick Fowler is an excellent and humorous writer in the mountaineering genre. Eric Newby, author of A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush, is another favorite. I've also enjoyed three books by Bob Baer, a former CIA agent, about US involvement in the middle east and south asia. I am partial to non-fiction.

Hey Sam! I'm a newbie here, but welcome you. Have not read Fowler, but I do enjoy anything in the outdoor/adventure arena worth reading. I suppose I'm more classified as the scrambler/hiker than the mountaineer but love my outdoors here in Colorado!

Hi Sam. The outdoors is indeed fascinating. Welcome here - I hope you find lots of interest to you.

Back