• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What ails you?

By the way, if you do try and do the Wheel, then you DONT stand up and bend backwarths.
You lay down on the floor on your back, bend your knees, feet infront of your bum, put hands on floor right over the shoulders and THEN you raise your body up slowly!
(kids do this very easily)

SFG75 said:
rack.jpg

If you find one, please PM me.

Great idea! Order me one. Wonder why those went of out of fashion?

Beside having a neck and back pain I'm also nearsighted. I refuse to get Lasik because of the horror stories I've heard. If there was another alternative to correcting my vision I would do it because without contacts or glasses I can't see squat!

Oh who doesn't love seasonal allergies. The sneezing, the coughing, the headaches, the pressure, the tissues... :D

I also have a bleeding disorder in which my blood doesn't clot...lucky me. I'm only 15 and have arthritis in my elbow joints that could equal a 70 year old! :eek: And scars on my hands and elbows where I have to get shots to stop the bleeding...temporarily.

Those yoga poses make me wince just looking at them. OWWWWIIIIEEEEE!

I've had pretty bad Hayfever this summer, which is particularly annoying. I also suffer from fur related allergies, stopping me from being around dogs, cats etc. I'm short-sighted aswell.

But with those in mind, the only thing I'm actually suffering with is depression. Everyone has thier low points, so I am told, and this is mine...

novella said:
Oh, SFG, sorry to hear of your back affliction. I'm sure the rack will help.

I have Editorial Stigmata. When I am under stress and writing, the tips of my fingers bleed. I'm not kidding. It's not related to deadlines, but to how emotionally intense the piece I'm working on is.

I`m not sure that the tips of fingers count as a stigmata. :rolleyes: ;)

chris302116 said:
I`m not sure that the tips of fingers count as a stigmata. :rolleyes: ;)

I don't get it. :confused:

From the American Heritage Dictionary:

4. Psychology A mark or spot on the skin that bleeds as a symptom of hysteria.

Maybe Chris - like me up until a few minutes ago - thought stigmata meant only the palms of your hands, like that fella in that book...

There are five places on the body a stigmata can appear and finger tips are not one of them, or should I say ten of them……you know what I mean.

And you don`t have to be Holy….that’s just a myth….you only need to type a lot. ;)

And why should I not be able to start a sentence with the word `and` if I want to.

From Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary:

stigma (stig·ma) pl. stigmas, stig´mata [Gr. “mark”] 1. any mental or physical mark or peculiarity which aids in the identification or in the diagnosis of a condition. 2. a mark, spot, or pore on the surface of an organ or organism. 3. follicular s. 4. in botany, the uppermost part of a pistil, which secretes a moist, sticky substance to trap and hold the pollen that reaches it. 5. an eyespot of chromatophore-bearing protozoa, such as certain euglenoids, comprising a dark pigmented mass that functions in light detection by shielding the photoreceptor cells from specific wavelengths. 6. a distinguishing personal trait that is perceived as or actually is physically, socially, or psychologically disadvantageous. 7. in the plural, gill slits around the pharynx in urochordates, through which pass respiratory and feeding currents. 8. in the plural, purpuric or hemorrhagic lesions of the hands and/or feet, which resemble crucifixion wounds.

stigmata (stig·ma·ta) [Gr.] plural of stigma.

Thanks, sirmyk. You saved me from posting a harsh comment, like "didn't you read the post above with the definition?" or, "why do I feel like I'm talking to a goldfish?"

Stigmata

Reported cases of stigmata take various forms.
Many show some or all of the five Holy Wounds that were, according to the Bible, inflicted on Jesus during his crucifixion: wounds in the hands and feet, from nails, and in the side, from a lance.

Some stigmatics display wounds to the forehead similar to those caused by the crown of thorns. Other reported forms include tears of blood or sweating blood, wounds to the back as from scourging, or wounds to the shoulder as from bearing the cross.

Bring on the goldfish.

There are six or seven definitions of rock--knowing one definition doesn't nullify the others, does it, fishy?

This isn't the first time "the fish" has retaliated based on religious belief. And he will continue to do so. I happen to choose research prior to stating what is fact, and what is believed to be fact.

Since I am God, I know stigmata can appear on fingertips, as well as on elbows, just above the clavical, and the penis.

|
|
J

<><

(get the hook, fishy... get the hook!)

chris302116 said:
Stigmata

Reported cases of stigmata take various forms.
Many show some or all of the five Holy Wounds that were, according to the Bible, inflicted on Jesus during his crucifixion: wounds in the hands and feet, from nails, and in the side, from a lance.

Some stigmatics display wounds to the forehead similar to those caused by the crown of thorns. Other reported forms include tears of blood or sweating blood, wounds to the back as from scourging, or wounds to the shoulder as from bearing the cross.

Bring on the goldfish.

How can we be sure what Jesus' wounds were considering the sources we have were corrupted?

Go fish!

Back